Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tamarijn beaches

Tamarijn beaches

How are the Tamarijn beaches this year so far? This will be our 3rd trip to the Tam. The first trip it was very rocky, but in the defense it was when Hurrican Ivan came in 2004. Then we returned in 2007 and it was lovely!

I'm also wondering about the Tam beaches

We're arriving next Saturday. Hope all is well at the Tamarijn. This will be my fourth trip there. First in March 2005 and I just loved the place. Next time was immediately after Ivan and it looked bad. Went back about 6 months after that and it was beautiful again. Not fully recovered but close. This will be our first visit during the early part of the year. Will be glad to get out of this cold Indiana weather!
    Next Aruba trip in

Exclamation Again, hate to be the bearer of not so good news...

Please click on the thumbnails below to view full size.

When we departed the Tamarijn on December 29, the waves were huge by Aruba standards. If you are familiar with the pilings in front of the watersports hut...

Unfortunately this was taking a real toll on the beaches along the length of the Tamarijn. Some waves were sending water as high as the boardwalk and a couple right on over it, from buildings 1100 - 1300.

From what I understand from Eagle Beach Boy's postings in the days afterwards, as well as viewing the web cam at the Bucuti, the waves continued for a few days. I would imagine this made the beach conditions even worse.

Below is a poor quality photo taken from the foot of the Bunker bar looking south so buildings 1900 - 2500. It will probably have fared the best though you can see from the photo there was a foot's worth (in depth) of erosion in front of 1900.

A view from the big palapa in front of Building 1200 facing south. If you look closely you can see the sand washed up onto the boardwalk from the waves.

When we arrived on 12/19 there were a good number of rocks exposed in front of the buffet, Coconuts and the swimming pool, which naturally was worsened by these waves.
    Tamarijn Beach From Swimming Pool Facing North December 29, 2009

Having livied in Bloomington for one year, I can say rocky or not, the Tamarijn and Aruba at this time of year will be delightful!

We love the beach between the Tam and Divi, just wonderful! Oh, I can't wait until November! Has there been any changes since 2008? From 2004 - 2008 they did alot.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    All I know is I can't wait to get there in 9 weeks!!!

my names bill and ill be there on the 14th of jan 2010 and ill be fishing from shore. has anyone had any luck out front? or maybe some advice on where to go fishing while there. thanks

LOL, my brother fished almost everyday from the beach right off of building 1300 or the swimming pool.

He used small pieces of ham from the buffet as bait and only caught one species of fish which appeared to be Pompano or something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    my names bill and ill be there on the 14th of jan 2010 and ill be fishing from shore. has anyone had any luck out front? or maybe some advice on where to go fishing while there. thanks

Former Bloomington resident

Arubalisa, well then I'm sure you are aware of where Bedford is since you lived in Bloomington for a year. It's just about 20 minutes south of Bloomington and just as COLD this time of year. As a frequent Tamarijn guest you may know the answer to a question I have. Even though this is my fourth time there, I can't for the life of me remember if there are coin operated laundry facilities available to the guests.
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by StThomasWedding View Post
    Arubalisa, well then I'm sure you are aware of where Bedford is since you lived in Bloomington for a year. It's just about 20 minutes south of Bloomington and just as COLD this time of year. As a frequent Tamarijn guest you may know the answer to a question I have. Even though this is my fourth time there, I can't for the life of me remember if there are coin operated laundry facilities available to the guests.
    I remember Bedford well. I loved Bloomington, dh was not as fond of it. Midwestern living is more my style

There are no coin op laundries at the Tamarijn, but I have a friend who has used the machines at the Dutch Village.

WOW!!! Those are great pictures! I never knew the ocean could get so rough there. We stayed at the Divi/Tam back in August and the water was calm compared to that. Comparing my pictures to yours is amazing seeing the difference in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Please click on the thumbnails below to view full size.

When we departed the Tamarijn on December 29, the waves were huge by Aruba standards. If you are familiar with the pilings in front of the watersports hut...

Unfortunately this was taking a real toll on the beaches along the length of the Tamarijn. Some waves were sending water as high as the boardwalk and a couple right on over it, from buildings 1100 - 1300.

From what I understand from Eagle Beach Boy's postings in the days afterwards, as well as viewing the web cam at the Bucuti, the waves continued for a few days. I would imagine this made the beach conditions even worse.

Below is a poor quality photo taken from the foot of the Bunker bar looking south so buildings 1900 - 2500. It will probably have fared the best though you can see from the photo there was a foot's worth (in depth) of erosion in front of 1900.

A view from the big palapa in front of Building 1200 facing south. If you look closely you can see the sand washed up onto the boardwalk from the waves.

When we arrived on 12/19 there were a good number of rocks exposed in front of the buffet, Coconuts and the swimming pool, which naturally was worsened by these waves.
    Tamarijn Beach From Swimming Pool Facing North December 29, 2009

Having livied in Bloomington for one year, I can say rocky or not, the Tamarijn and Aruba at this time of year will be delightful!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast