Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tamarijn beaches

thanks so much for the pictures! no matter what, Aruba is the BEST

Thanks for the pics Lisa. The photo's of the big waves brought vivid memories of March 2008. That was the trip when the waves crested the boardwalk and ultimately flooded the 1st floor rooms in 1100 - 1200. The staff erected plywood across the patios from 1100 thru 1400. Surf was so intense rocks were lifted over the boardwalk.

Wasn't anything we could do about it so we had our recliners set off the patio surrounded by water. Aruba TV interviewed Mimi to get her reaction. One of her comments was "Now this is what I call beachfront!"

Ultimately, that intense surf was a 'good thing' for the Tam beach. Prior to those waves, there essentially was NO beach 1100 - 1300. From boardwalk to rocks, to the water. The big waves brought in the sand.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Thanks Joe. I will be curious what beach conditions you and Mimi find when you arrive.

I should have added that a friend who stayed on for the next two weeks saw the sand bags etc. brought in for the lower numbered buildings. Eveything was back to normal in a few days.

new to Aruba

Hello everyone,
    I am new to aruba and just this second booked a room in the TAM.. the desk was closed but wanted to know the best block to stay in (quite, kjust DH and me)... are the rooms that bad (from the reviews I have read)... it is so hard to judge from the reviews.. any suggestions would be great.. thanks

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely View Post
    Thanks for the pics Lisa. The photo's of the big waves brought vivid memories of March 2008. That was the trip when the waves crested the boardwalk and ultimately flooded the 1st floor rooms in 1100 - 1200. The staff erected plywood across the patios from 1100 thru 1400. Surf was so intense rocks were lifted over the boardwalk.
    We were there and have some pics from March 08. We were on the second floor down past the bunker bar so we were high and dry.

March 2010 Tam Beach

Had extremely huge waves earlier this week. Waves came from the west. For those that have read my beach theories, that means the Tam each grew. Have explored the east buildings but 1100 -1300 have excellent beaches as of this morning.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Fantastic news!

Take pictures!

Hope you are having a fantastic time! Though I am sure that is guaranteed!

Thanks for update in regards to the beach!!!! Can't wait!!!! SOON!!!

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    I'm excited to get there this weekend and see for myself (not that I don't believe you Joe)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast