Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tamarijn Building and Beach Questions...

Question Tamarijn Building and Beach Questions...

Can anyone suggest the best building to stay in? In 2003, we stayed in building 15 and the beach right out our door was impossible to enter at that area due to rocks right at the waters edge. We always went down to the divi to get in the water/sit on the beach.

We are going back this September for our 10 year anniversary and would like to stay at the best possible location at the Tamarijn. I'm pretty sure we don't want to stay in the 19-25 since it is further away and faces the shipyard. I was leaning towards 11-13, but saw where 13 was really noisy as it is close to all of the nightly entertainment. Is 11-13 really busy with people walking from Tam to the activity center and the divi? That is a concern as well. From some pictures I've seen on here, it also seems that the huts are right outside of these rooms and you may have people right out in front of your patio. We didn't have this up in the 15 building and I don't think it is something we would want.

Are all of the buildings updated/renovated at this point?

Do you tip at an all inclusive? I don't remember if we did 10 years ago or not.

Also, I have seen pictures of different beach pictures from different years, and it seems the beach at the Tam changes often. Has anyone been there this year yet, and are there any predictions for later this year (i.e. September)?

Thanks in advance for any help and pointers!!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

here are some tagged threads that may be helpful with your tamarijn room location.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/tamarijn.html

i hope someone can answer your questions.

re: tipping. YES tips are welcomed by the staff....housekeeping to wait staff to bar tenders to concierge.

QUOTE=brph26;241558]Can anyone suggest the best building to stay in? In 2003, we stayed in building 15 and the beach right out our door was impossible to enter at that area due to rocks right at the waters edge. We always went down to the divi to get in the water/sit on the beach.

We are going back this September for our 10 year anniversary and would like to stay at the best possible location at the Tamarijn. I'm pretty sure we don't want to stay in the 19-25 since it is further away and faces the shipyard. I was leaning towards 11-13, but saw where 13 was really noisy as it is close to all of the nightly entertainment. Is 11-13 really busy with people walking from Tam to the activity center and the divi? That is a concern as well. From some pictures I've seen on here, it also seems that the huts are right outside of these rooms and you may have people right out in front of your patio. We didn't have this up in the 15 building and I don't think it is something we would want.

Are all of the buildings updated/renovated at this point?

Do you tip at an all inclusive? I don't remember if we did 10 years ago or not.

Also, I have seen pictures of different beach pictures from different years, and it seems the beach at the Tam changes often. Has anyone been there this year yet, and are there any predictions for later this year (i.e. September)?

Thanks in advance for any help and pointers!! [/QUOTE]

I would ask your question about the beach in August. The condition of the beach can change from sand to rock overnight. The only buildings where you are "guaranteed" sand would be 1100 and 1900-2500.

We have stayed in building 1300 numerous times and the noise from the bar area and entertainment at Pizza per Tutti was only bad one night. The entertainment ended at 11 pm so unless you retire early it should not be a big deal.

As to people walking past your building, yes there is a lot of foot traffic, to the watersports center and beyond to the Divi. I have to say though I have sat days on end under the palapas in front of 1300 and it does not bother me. My dad enjoys the people watching. It really just depends upon your expectations. But maybe that is just me.

All of the patios and balconies are "open" sided unless you are on the end. Patios have a half wall so if you are seated you will not be in direct sight of your neighbor. Some rooms are also "indented" further back so you have a patio or balcony with high walls on both sides such as 1319, but also little breeze. Yes, if you sit on your patio and there is a palapa in front of it, you can have someone sitting there. The palapa is pretty convenient though if it happens to be yours for the day!

13-14 yrs back, rocks were the norm. The walkway in front of 1100-1300 was built on a retaining wall. Considerable efforts have gone into stablizing the beach. Those rocks that are under the sand and periodically appear didn't wash in via wave action. I think approx 6 years ago was the first time the beach groomer worked the beach in front of the Tamarijn. Prior to that, there wasn't sufficient beach for the groomer to come through the area in front of the activities building. Vividly remember rusting remnants to the steel pier that went to the Pelican poles. The 1400-1500 blocks do seem to be an area where there are always some exposed rocks regardless of the overall beach condition.

Bottom line: Beach conditions at the Tamarijn have significantly improved over the years. However, Mother Nature will do what she wants and can make modifications anytime. Somewhere in my photo files, I pictures of waves reaching the base of Divi's Sandpiper Bar. Think that may have been hurricane Ivan.

Interesting though, on another BB, I recently read a thread were longtime guests of Costa Linda, Bucutti, and Casa del Mar were in essence, complaining that thier once extremely expansive beachs, have now moved down the shoreling to Divi/Tamarijn. Good for us
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Aruba since 1979
    i see that you leave tomorrow!! excellent! enjoy and safe travels
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely View Post
    13-14 yrs back, rocks were the norm. The walkway in front of 1100-1300 was built on a retaining wall. Considerable efforts have gone into stablizing the beach. Those rocks that are under the sand and periodically appear didn't wash in via wave action. I think approx 6 years ago was the first time the beach groomer worked the beach in front of the Tamarijn. Prior to that, there wasn't sufficient beach for the groomer to come through the area in front of the activities building. Vividly remember rusting remnants to the steel pier that went to the Pelican poles. The 1400-1500 blocks do seem to be an area where there are always some exposed rocks regardless of the overall beach condition.

Bottom line: Beach conditions at the Tamarijn have significantly improved over the years. However, Mother Nature will do what she wants and can make modifications anytime. Somewhere in my photo files, I pictures of waves reaching the base of Divi's Sandpiper Bar. Think that may have been hurricane Ivan.

Interesting though, on another BB, I recently read a thread were longtime guests of Costa Linda, Bucutti, and Casa del Mar were in essence, complaining that thier once extremely expansive beachs, have now moved down the shoreling to Divi/Tamarijn. Good for us

Thank you all for your quick responses and wonderful replies!! What a wonderful welcome to these boards!

I have the same question, I have always stayed in 1900 last 3 times out. Loved being near the Bunker Bar. Would like a little closer to pool, how is beach at 1800 or 1700?

Thoughts?

I also messaged the resort directly on fb. Just heard back from them yesterday. They said the beach is best (least amount of rocks) by 1100-1300 and 1900-2500. Although they did say it changes all the time too, but those areas are the ones they recommended. I am just worried that 1100-1300 will have too much people traffic for our liking and 1900-2500 might be too far away from things....so, we need to make a decision on which block we want to stay in. Just booked out trip tonight!! Can't wait!!

1900 is very nice, quiet, and the bunker bar is right next door. The beach has always been nice for us. I'm thinking we may just request this again.

IF you do not want to take ANY chances, then ask for 1100 or anything above 1900.

Again September is still away off and speaking from experience, the beach can go from bad to good back to bad again seemingly overnight.

March 2009

June 2009

December 2009

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast