Aruba Beach

Thread: Tamarijn during school vacations

Tamarijn during school vacations

Hi everyone!

I can imagine that it would be very busy during school breaks/holidays. But I am thinking it might be the best way to avoid pulling my son out of school for a week. I would absolutely love to go for Christmas, but how busy is it? Is is busy enough to ruin our trip? It's just me my boyfriend and 12 year old son. I was thinking that there will be more kids for him to hang out with during these times as well. Also is the price difference huge?

If anyone has an experiences I would love to hear about it!

Thank you!

Any Aruba beach...
    Great question!

We have been to the Tamarijn four times.

Twice over Christmas and twice during June.

All four times the resort was sold out. Lots of kids.

Never had any problems with crowds. Honestly, you would NOT know that the resort were sold out if you did not know it already.

Christmas will be expensive. With that said, it is imo, a magical time of year, even more so in Aruba!

Aruba since 1979
    were were there over christmas 2003
    it was awesome
    got there the week b4 christmas and christmas week over to the lacabana

tamarijn was not inexpensive, but if you are a frequent tamarijn/divi person there is a preferred rate.
    i am thinking in 2003 it was about $300 per night per couple and kid free.
    we pulled our son a few days b4 school let out and were gone a total of 14 days.

there are always kids at the tamarijn!!!

Thanks for the responses ladies!

We have been dying to visit Aruba for awhile now, but it just hasn't been able to happen. So now we are finally saving up for our trip and are going over our options on when the best time to go is. I figured school vacation is the easiest, but I definitely don't want to to go when it is most expensive. Not the first time anyways..(I have a feeling I am going to LOVE it, and will be a repeat visitor!)