Aruba Beach

Thread: Tamarijn email and best room request

Tamarijn email and best room request

Hi there
    We are going to the Tam on Feb 27- Mar 6, and I wanted to email a room request. I am travelling with my mother(68) and daughters, and was looking for a central room not too far from the restaurants/main lobby and ocean entry not rocky. Would appreciate any tips.

Thanks
    Kim
    Looking forward to trip #3

Kim, the beach conditions are constantly changing. What might be a nice wide stretch of beach today could be eaten away by the waves tomorrow. Generally over the years, the beach in front of the 1400 building has been very consistent and it is centrally located next to the buffet restaurant with the swimming pool and hotel lobby adjacent.

We have always stayed in building 1300 and it is on the opposite side of the pool from 1400 with quick access to the lobby as well as Pizza per Tutti for drinks and snacks.

Resort Map

reservation@megaresorts.com
    email for request

We lived bldg 12 ask for the 1st floor corner room closest to bldg 13, it is a larger room and a short walk to the main areas, I wish I could recall the room number we had

First floor, south end of the building...I believe that would be 1219. Opposite end of the building...north end, I believe would be 1201.

Best room Request

We always stay at the Tam and request building 1400. It's the first building next to the pool, lobby, bar, and open air restaurant. The beach is rock free right in front of the building.

Is it necessary to email for a room request if we would like a first floor location? We usually like to sit close to the beach bar........Also, what currency should we bring with us for tips, and to buy stuff....We have 120/240voltage here, is aruba different? do i need to bring a converter???? 30 more days...the countown is on...
    Last edited by 12spysonu; 02-06-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Well in that they have 1st floor and 2nd floor, if you want a first floor I would let them know in advance.

They always try to do their best to accommodate but it does not happen each and every time.

Friends requested 1st floor 1200 and were assigned 2nd floor 1200 and then were offered 1st floor same building 3 days later. They were not into having to repack and unpack again.

Request 1st floor with a choice of two different buildings (1st preference and 2nd preference) and you would have better chance of getting what you wanted, or at least darn close to it.

US dollars are widely and gratefully accepted at the Tamarijn and all over Aruba.

Voltage is same as the US as well.