Aruba Beach

Thread: Tamarijn: Newbie with questions-Watersports and Pipes in the Ocean

Tamarijn: Newbie with questions-Watersports and Pipes in the Ocean

Hi, It's great to be part of an excellent online community. I'm looking to book the Tamarijn for next summer, for a holiday with my wife and teenage kids. This will be our 1st time in Aruba, so we're really looking forward to it. Normally, when in other parts of the Caribbean, we enjoy sailing. However, I've heard numerous reports that the Tam watersports staff are very reluctant to let people out on their sunfish sailboats. Is there any truth in this? I've also heard some ominous tales of a pair of sewer pipes in the ocean in front of the resort. Can anyone shed any light on this, as it's causing us some concerns? Thanks, Glen
    Last edited by gje123; 09-06-2010 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes

Welcome to the forum.

We have been to Aruba many times, but the Tamarijn specifically, 4 times in 3 years and have found the guys at the watersports center to be very accommodating. They will NOT however allow kayaks, windsurfers or the Sunfish (of which there is only one) to go out when the conditions do not allow it. There are days where there is too much wind and/or the waves are too large. They have a small boat to run out and rescue novices on "good days", but understandably imo, they do not want any trouble.

As to the "sewer" pipes you speak of, my dh and I have poked around down there with some snorkel gear and to the best of my knowledge those pipes are either no longer in use or are simply used for rain run off on some of the Dutch Village or Tamarijn's buildings. Believe me, IF there was anything, never mind sewage, washing up on the beach at the Tamarijn, we would have ALL heard of it by now. In addition, there is a sewage treatment plant on that side of the island, but it is at least 1 1/2 miles (2.5 km) away.

Go and enjoy!

Thanks for your help. That puts my mind at ease. Now we can plan our visit. Best wishes, Glen.

Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........

Pipes

Hello,

I will be going back to the Tamarijn for my 13th visit. The pipes used to gross me out, but all they are now is a place for the fish to hide, and lots of them. Ive been different times of the year and sometimes the pipes are completely covered and you cant even see them, which is fine by me..
    Definatley not a bad thing, and those pipes are down towards buildings 1900-2200, everyone loves to snorkel around them, best beach near the bunker bar... I always request these buildings... You'll LOVE IT....
    Next Trip September sometime or the other..

Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........
    Also check around for good prices, we book thru cheapcaribbean.com, always the best deal... Always try to book 3 months in advance.
    Next Trip September sometime or the other..