Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Snidely
  • 1 Post By DiviDiviFan

Thread: Tamarijn renovation

Tamarijn renovation

The Tamarijn is currently in the midst of an extensive remodeling/renovation project. I’ll try to summarize the areas that have been completed, those currently active, and also the items I have been told/heard are planned. Appears all construction is being accomplished by outside contractors. Worthy to note that to the extent possible, work is being accomplished at night for minimal impact on guests.

SHUTTLE FLEET. Has been significantly expanded with the new shuttles being solar powered. The entire roof is a solar panel. Over the 2 week period our max wait time was about 15 minutes. Usually less.

BUILDING RENOVATION. 1100 building was completed and 1200 building was being started upon our departure. Tile roof refurbished with solar panels added. Solar panels extend over the second floor balcony thereby providing cover in the event of a rain shower. Unsure to the extent what will be powered by solar. Do know the Oceanside accent lighting is now solar. Building painted inside and out. New floor tile throughout including entry and patio areas. Second floor balcony is also tiled thereby providing a cover for 1st flr patio in the event of rain. Wifi routers were being installed every 3rd room. Expect an excellent signal.

MINI-MARKET. Roofline is being extend behind the 1300 building. Unsure if it wiil be open or closed walls however column design to me implies open. This are will house the pool and ping pong tables. The day we arrived the concrete slab was poured. Over 2 weeks columns built and the roof was on.

LANDSCAPING. Landscaping is being updated everywhere. Was needed and is looking very nice.

PALM GRILL/BUFFET. Couple days after our arrival approx 1/3 of the buffet area closest to Coconuts Bar was walled off with plywood. Plywood is treated with a stucco finish giving it a pleasant appearance. Palm Grill will be relocated to this are for improved open air flow. If you eaten at Palm Grill, you know it can be warm.

PLANNED. Buffet area will be completely redone. The tunnel/walkway separating buffet from Paparazzi will be closed and become part of a redone kitchen area. Buffet will follow the Divi design with a portion enclosed with A/C and the remainder open air. Pizza Per Tuti will relocate to the center court area. Pool will be redone and was told the plan is for an infinity design. Many guests hoping for a swim—up bar but thinks that’s dreaming. Did hear that Coconuts Bar was being redone but would make sense during the pool project. Was told by senior management “We learned a lot from the Divi renovation and expect this to be better”.

BEACH. During our stay both mother nature and contractors worked on the beach although before we left mother nature was taking back some of her work. Was told by numerous staff that there is a plan to construct an offshore artificial reef to reduce wave action/erosion. No timeline given.
    Over 16 years we’ve observed near continuous change and improvement. Nice to see.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Nice to see all of the updates they are doing.

Thank you for the report on all the updates. Was it crazy busy while you were there? I've been getting a fair amount of emails advertising sales lately.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks mimi and joe!

the tamarijn is a wonderful resort and has a great "fan base".
    i have always loved the tam!

good to hear of their renovation/refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Thank you for the report on all the updates. Was it crazy busy while you were there? I've been getting a fair amount of emails advertising sales lately.
    Did not seem much busier than other years. March 5 when we arrived occupancy was 85% in part by intent. Building 1100 had be closed for renovation and was just reopened that day. Am aware there were a few nights of overbooked situation and guests were sent elsewhere. I believe that in part, the promotions are related to the additional rooms made available by the opening of the new building at Divi. Tam/Divi have always moved guests back and forth when one or the other was overbooked. My overall impression was that the entire island was much less busy than other years. That includes the airport, Oranjestad, Palm Beach area, and restaurants in general.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Great descriptions of the renovations ongoing thanks. Although it is probably not the best situation for some guests while the renovations are happening during their stay, however, in the long run will be worth it. I hope they keep the Tam Pizza Bar as large as it was as well as the shape. I love the renovations at the Divi AI but prefer the old pizza bar. I am sure this will make the Tam more updated and everyone will love the new look and feel. It is nice to hear of all the solar panels being used on roofs and shuttles. This is something I would have liked at the DIVI as when it rains you cannot sit on your patio without getting soaked.