Aruba Beach

Thread: Tamarijn Renovations

Tamarijn Renovations

Has anyone stayed at the Tamarijn lately? They are currently under renovations and I was wondering where they are at with the renovations. What parts are complete, what is currently being worked on.

That makes sense as to why their rates are so low for an AI in June/July.

Aruba since 1979
    not a clue 2nd home....but welcome to your first posting on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by SecondHome View Post
    Has anyone stayed at the Tamarijn lately? They are currently under renovations and I was wondering where they are at with the renovations. What parts are complete, what is currently being worked on.

Aruba since 1979
    how low is low?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    That makes sense as to why their rates are so low for an AI in June/July.

My cousin. Took a trip to the Tam early this week, they have moved the pool table behind blocks 1100. Doing some of the blocks but ,sorry I do not know which ones, plus they are doing the restaurant , Just like the Divi..part inside and outside ,But no further information sorry , They have helped to reclaim some beach on the other side of the broad walk as well.
    But she also says it's very quiet there .Thats all I know ..But it looks like they have spent loads of money on the Divi ,new restaurant new blocks new pool and sun beds ect looks good she sent me some photos of the new bits .. As we used to stay at the Tam and have a soft spot for it she emailed to say what's going on .
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.

I took a walk down to the end of the Tam on Monday morning. The only rooms that you could walk out from your room and have beach access was in the 1900-2300 block- the rest had boulders in front. It looked to me like no one was staying in the 2400-2500 block and they were working on those rooms inside. We stay at the DiviAI so not sure what else had changed over there as I am not really familiar with the lobby area and placement of pool tables but there was nothing that would be obstructive. All the bars were open when we went to Ginger to eat:-)

I want to say the amount was very similar to the rates at the Holiday Inn and Hilton. The difference in 6 nights was about $200 or so more than staying at the Holiday Inn but with AI for 6 nights... good rate IMO but not that good that I took it.

I have just been looking on visit Aruba ..look for special offers ...There are lots at the TAM...jus in case anyone is intrested .
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.