Aruba Beach

Thread: Tamarijn Vacay- Emergency contact ideas (not bringing phones) Wifi for email?

Lightbulb Tamarijn Vacay- Emergency contact ideas (not bringing phones) Wifi for email?

Hi! I'm excited for my first trip to Aruba!
    We're worried about emergency contact information to leave in the States with our pets and house sitter since we didn't plan on bringing our phones. (I am an absolute disaster with cell phones )

We may bring a little netbook. Does the Tam offer any area with free WiFi? Or do you have to buy a plan for every area? I know there won't be any issues - there never have been - but I'm a bit of a worry wart. I don't need more than 5-10 minutes a day. Is there maybe a business center/guest computer?

What do you use for your emergency contact information when you leave the country? The your resorts' international phone number (not the 800 number), or your email? Other ideas?
    Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Charzie; 05-08-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    the tamarijn's wifi is not free and the wifi service is sketchy.
    lisa may comment as she and her dh have had issues with internet there.
    nothing major, but sometimes with a hassle.

the tamarijn has an internet cafe' where you can buy time and use their PCs.

another option is to rent an aruba cell phone.
    a place that is very good and reliable is
    the proprietor's name is charles croes and his user name on this forum is caribbean tattler.

you can get a cell phone from his company for approx $50 and that will also include at least 1 hr of usa calling.
    calls coming in to the cell phone do not cost you anything.

he issues you your cell phone number before you arrive so that you can give it with folks that need to get in touch with you.

also too, you can leave the tamarjn's number (not the reservation 1 - 800 number) and folks can have that number for emergency calls.

Thanks Andrea! It's good to know I can buy time on their computers... I was not looking forward to packing my netbook. One less electronic device to break.

And that cell phone idea sounds great! I'm a little wary with my record of breaking/losing/mysteriously disabling cell phones. It is so nice to know there is a company that will issue the number before we leave.

I was thinking about leaving the Tamarijn's guest number for emergency contact. Do you know if callers get to ring through to my room and leave a message that I can retrieve from my room? Or do I get a printed message from the front desk?
    Last edited by Charzie; 05-08-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Any Aruba beach...
    To reach a guest staying at the Divi & Tamarijn Aruba and to contact the hotels directly:
    Call: (intl) 297-525-5200
    Fax: (intl) 297-525-5203

From Europe:
    Call: 00 297 525 5200
    Fax: 00 297 525 5203

WIFI is extremely expensive and as Andrea said, we have found it spotty at best. Dh needs to work daily on vacation and finds the wifi best at 6 am or very late at night. If you just need to check email, use their internet lounge.

Phone rental is also a great idea if you are going to be needing to make any number of local calls. The Tamarijn charges 75 cents USD for local calls.