We are headed to the Surf Club 3/22-3/29..........I have a couple of questions.
1. Do the rooms have a washer and dryer?
2. Do I need to bring/buy soap to wash the dishes?
3. Is there anything I should know about the Surf club...nightlife, activities, water volleyball, entertainment....etc?
My cousin is the housekeeping manager of the Marriott Surf Club and I just called to verify these answers for you.
1. There are washers and dryers present at the Marriott. Ask for where they are located once you have arrived. They will show you the closest ones to your room. The Marriott does have laundry services.
2. There's no need for you to bring your own soap. Soap for dishes is present in the room.
3. The Surf Club is a great resort! They have a magazine called the Activity Navigator. You can pick one up at the Matey's Hall (activities)
The Surf Club has a wonderful pool, a gorgeous beach and a relaxing atmosphere. The employees there are really helpful and friendly too.
Every monday night from 6 to 7:30 we (ArubaSalsa) give salsa lessons for Marriott vacation club and resort guests, right at the pavillion bar/restaurant at the Ocean club. If you want to join you just have to contact Matey's hall (activities from the surf club) and sign up. You can't miss our flyers in the elevators as well. There's limited space. It's great fun.
The Matey's hall does also organize volleyball games. They have a great activities team.
Here's a list of some of the activities they have. (you can find it all in the magazine Navigator)
- Stretch and tone
- Kids morning movie
- Tennis clinic
- Aqua aerobics
- Game room introduction
- iguana interaction
- name this song game
- Bingo! $1 for the bingo cards
- Pool volleyball
- Balloon time
- Beach volleyball
- Papiamento lessons
- Limbo contest
- Basketball time
- Shuffleboard challenge
- Beer drinking contest
There are many more activities. All listed in the Navigator. There are also activities you have to pay for. Like horseback riding, island tours, water sports etc. These are also listed in the magazine.
If you have more questions feel free to just ask!
Last edited by ArubaSalsa; 06-14-2008 at 03:08 AM.