Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AndyM
  • 1 Post By CK1

Thread: Tell me all about Manchebo

Nen

Post Tell me all about Manchebo

Hello, new to the forum's

My husband and I are planning our 1st to trip to Aruba next May. We want to do an AI, we like not having to pay for drinks. It's what we're used to, I'm sure we'll venture out a couple of nights for dinner because everyone says NOT to do a AI in Aruba. I was torn between the Renaissance & Manchebo, but I think I've decided on Manchebo because it's right on the beach. Tell me about the food, and what there is to do in the area. I like that the Renaissance was attached to a mall, but what is near Manchebo. Am I making the right choice?

Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    you made a good choice re: manchebo.
    we are fans of renaissance and manchebo.......you cannot go wrong with either.

close to the manchebo.........all within a hundred or 200 yds away from Manchebo.
    french steakhouse and ikes bistro both on property
    carte blanche at bucuti
    matthews at casa del mar
    a restaurant at aruba bech club....used to be called torutga , now the name escapes me and it gets good reviews!
    pissa bob and elliottis at costa linda
    many places at alhambra marketplace

you are making a good choice
    then again there is no real bad choice as downtown at renaissance has loads of options too.

we have always enjoyed dining out in the area near manchebo.
    will find the name of the place at the aruba beach club and come back and edit the name back in. ricardos......the name of the place at aruba beach club is "ricardos" great breakfasts

welcome to the aruba.com community forum

this will not be your only trip to aruba

Quote Originally Posted by Nen View Post
    Hello, new to the forum's

My husband and I are planning our 1st to trip to Aruba next May. We want to do an AI, we like not having to pay for drinks. It's what we're used to, I'm sure we'll venture out a couple of nights for dinner because everyone says NOT to do a AI in Aruba. I was torn between the Renaissance & Manchebo, but I think I've decided on Manchebo because it's right on the beach. Tell me about the food, and what there is to do in the area. I like that the Renaissance was attached to a mall, but what is near Manchebo. Am I making the right choice?

Thanks
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-08-2013 at 07:44 PM. Reason: added in ricardos

Aruba since 1979
    i neglected to add that Manchebo is on Eagle Beach.
    this is considered the lo rise area.
    the lo rise is much quieter area and more laid back than palm beac or downtown.

while there, hop on the bus or take a cab (about 3 miles..maybe less) to the hi rise area on Palm beach and see the difference.
    also too visit downtown and the trolley and shopping on main st.
    both are awesome, we prefer the lo rise or downtown at renaissance ocean suites.

you have your homework to do...........enjoy and ask many questions

Nen
    Thanks for the info Andrea.

IMHO, the beach at Manchebo (I've heard it called Manchebo beach) is the best on the island. Never crowded, wide and deep.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Manchebo is located at the Low Rise hotels, on Eagle Beach, one of the best beaches on Aruba. Long stretches of white sand, very tranquil and relaxing. It's only a 10 or 15 min drive to the High Rise hotels where there is more action during the day on Palm Beach and more night life. It's as well only 10 or 15 min in the other direction, going to the beautiful Oranjestad.

Renaissance: I'm not sure about the beach, there is a smaller beach area and the possibility to go by boat on Renaissance Island. Maybe someone could chip in and give more details.

Here is a map where you can see the location of Manchebo and if you zoom out, the location of Renaissance in Oranjestad:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=aruba...ed=0CAoQ_AUoAg

Aruba since 1979

yes one can take the boat from the renaissance marina hotel or the renaissance ocean suites to the renaissance private island.....which is gorgeous, but not as convenient as being in a hotel that is located "on the beach"

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Manchebo is located at the Low Rise hotels, on Eagle Beach, one of the best beaches on Aruba. Long stretches of white sand, very tranquil and relaxing. It's only a 10 or 15 min drive to the High Rise hotels where there is more action during the day on Palm Beach and more night life. It's as well only 10 or 15 min in the other direction, going to the beautiful Oranjestad.

Renaissance: I'm not sure about the beach, there is a smaller beach area and the possibility to go by boat on Renaissance Island. Maybe someone could chip in and give more details.

Here is a map where you can see the location of Manchebo and if you zoom out, the location of Renaissance in Oranjestad:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=aruba...ed=0CAoQ_AUoAg

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

yes one can take the boat from the renaissance marina hotel or the renaissance ocean suites to the renaissance private island.....which is gorgeous, but not as convenient as being in a hotel that is located "on the beach"
    Thanks for clearing it up, Andrea.