Aruba Beach

Thread: Tradewinds - worth it?

Tradewinds - worth it?

Has anyone stayed at the Tradewinds "hotel within a hotel" at the Marriott and have any feelings on whether it was worth the extra $$$?

Looks nice but seems like it could also get old limiting your breakfast and lunch to that facility.

Not to offend anyone that frequents that facility but does it also tend to attract people that are quite impressed w/ themselves? (I was trying to think of a nice way to say that....) Or is it just regular people that enjoy having that "paid for upfront "ammenity?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I have never been to the tradewinds portion of the Stellaris...I will say though that their private lilttle beach was empty the 2 days we were there. Not one sole on the beach while the stellaris portion was wall to wall people.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Not one sole on the beach while the stellaris portion was wall to wall people.
    IF I could afford it, it would be worth every penny.

Thanks Ladies

Assuming food is fairly expensive in Aruba and combined w/ the fact that dinner is probably the main meal we'd want to venture out and experiment with, it may be a pretty good deal overall.

This is going to be a special vacation for us so we just may splurge