Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Snidely
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: Updated Tam Beach Pics?

The beach at the Tam and the beauty that is the Natural Bridge area.

Updated Tam Beach Pics?

I was wondering if anyone had any updated Tamarijn beach pics? I know that beach changes like crazy and I'm sure it is much different from when we were there in June 2010. Can't wait to see it again!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I walked by Tam last week. The beach around there looks good, not like Costa Linda where we stayed. They have lost a significant amount of beach. Druif looks great.

Snidely (Joe of Joe and Mimi ) here on the forum can explain the exact science and correlation between waves and beach, or lack of in the area of the Bucuti/Costa Linda vs. the Tamarijn.

I could not find the post, so perhaps it was via PM, but in short, when there is less beach at the Bucuti, all that sand moved down the coast to the Tamarijn.

The beach at the Tam and the beauty that is the Natural Bridge area.
    Thanks for the info! I will try to take some pics and post them after we return. Some of the ones I found from around a year ago look like far less rocks than we experienced in 2010, but I'm sure it has changed even since those pics were taken. The excitement is building like crazy...40 more sleeps until paradise!

We'll be there in a couple of weeks so will advise at that time. If you're a subscriber to Facebook, there is a Divi & Tamarijn Aruba page that has a number of recent photos posted by guests. Appears very nice in the photos but that can change overnight.

Won't go into details but, waves from the westerly direction are generally very beneficial to the Tamarijn beach. Over the years, we've experienced numerous different wave and beach conditions. Climbed over rocks nearly everywhere and marveled at 150 ft of beach in the 1100-1300 blocks. All presented varying conditions and all contributed to our total Aruba vacation.

It's just like the weather. We can't change it. Our mindset is to enjoy to the fullest, that which we are given.

I.E., last year we were walking the beach near Costa Linda when the sky litterally opened up. Biggest downfall we ever saw on the island. Found it interesting to see nearly everone run for cover from the rain. People on the beach, in swimwear, scattering to avoid getting wet. We found it to be extremely refreshing while also being a new Aruba experience.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely View Post
    Climbed over rocks nearly everywhere and marveled at 150 ft of beach in the 1100-1300 blocks. All presented varying conditions and all contributed to our total Aruba vacation.
    I remember 2009 very well! It was amazing!

the beach in front of 1200 building

Just read on another BB, a trip report indicating the beach in front of 1400 block was the widest the writer had experienced in 10 yrs.

The writer also said a guest had drown while swiming in very calm conditions.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Arrow thank you

Forum member Mr. Ratt has just returned from the Tamarijn and was kind enough to post a photo of the beach from the pool northward towards buildings 1300 to 1100. Click on the thumbnail to enlarge

http://www.aruba.com/vbgallery/showimage.php?i=2444&c=

Arrow I will post photos when I return late week

Beach at the Tamarijn between 1100 and 1300 has been being eroded fairly badly this week by waves from the southwest Right now there is a ledge of a GOOD 1 1/2 - 2 ft. to get down to the breakwater.

I have had to stay fairly close to "home" here in 1300 to keep an eye on my grandmother but will see if I can get down to 1400-2500. When I was down there last week, the beach looked terrific.