Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 64
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Westin Aruba is CLOSING on February 27, 2014

  1. #31
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,897
    murph.....i am sorry, i forgot to say welcome to the forum.
    we look forward to hearing what customer service says in response to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by murphygrady View Post
    The RIU is booked...we already looked on their website.

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Sounds like a great plan to me! Hope it works for you - positive thinking!!
    When I emailed my new friend from Starwood and asked "...if we do get relocated to the RIU, does that mean we'll have the benefit of
    an all-inclusive experience?"...her response was... "Iím not 100% sure on the all inclusive piece yet but I am hopeful if this is
    where you are relocated to then it most certainly will apply."

    Keeping my fingers crossed! Hoping to hear today or tomorrow!

  3. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4
    Thanks, Andrea...this forum is great!! Westin customer service responded today and said that "a special team is working on the relocation of all of our guests and the new confirmations will be sent no later than 2/4". My take is that they're scrambling to find rooms. As I said in my earlier post almost everything on the beach is booked. The first email to some customers(not us!) was sent 1/10...it takes them almost a month to relocate people? This is being handled poorly by Westin...I will never be booking with them again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    murph.....i am sorry, i forgot to say welcome to the forum.
    we look forward to hearing what customer service says in response to you.

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8
    I just was just talking to an employee on Thursday. He said many of the employees are really scared. They are afraid of what RIU did when they first bought their hotel, demolish the building, dismissed all their employees and hired employees from other RIU resorts. So I was curious and I did ask one of the Sports Bar manager’s if he was born in Aruba and he said no he came from a RIU in Dominican.

  5. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    8

    We're there on Sunday 2/2/14

    Hi all,
    New member, but I've gotten so much out of this forum already! I've exchanged emails with Bully for taxi services; I know not to do AI on Aruba; Hit Smokey Joe's on Tuesday night for AYCE Ribs; so on.

    We're in the Westin 2/2 - 2/9 and understand about the building itself - it's the service and staff that I'm worried about. I think the key is, is to not have great expectations, it's just the hotel - although it's the pool and beach and service too!

    Has anyone been there the last couple weeks here in January and can comment on how it's "feeling" there?

    Also wondered if anyone know if their rooms have DVD players or jacks on the TVs?

    Thanks in advance - can't freakin' wait. A minus 3 days and counting.

    Salud!

    Rick n K8

  6. #36
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,897
    hi rick and k8

    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    please when you return, please post your story in the My Aruba Story category!
    sorry i cannot answer your questions re: dvd players or jacks on tvs

    re: your craft beer posts.... i do think you should be come a brewmaster on aruba

    Quote Originally Posted by radamson View Post
    Hi all,
    New member, but I've gotten so much out of this forum already! I've exchanged emails with Bully for taxi services; I know not to do AI on Aruba; Hit Smokey Joe's on Tuesday night for AYCE Ribs; so on.

    We're in the Westin 2/2 - 2/9 and understand about the building itself - it's the service and staff that I'm worried about. I think the key is, is to not have great expectations, it's just the hotel - although it's the pool and beach and service too!

    Has anyone been there the last couple weeks here in January and can comment on how it's "feeling" there?

    Also wondered if anyone know if their rooms have DVD players or jacks on the TVs?

    Thanks in advance - can't freakin' wait. A minus 3 days and counting.

    Salud!

    Rick n K8

  7. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    8
    Hi,
    thank you for the kind welcome - i see the forum is just an extension of the One Happy Island! I will indeed post afterwards - the info available here is undeniably helpful. If I can help just one traveler as we've been helped, what a boost.

    I know I will be entertaining the whole brewing idea the whole week! I'll come home and sell the snow-covered everything!

    Counting down!

    Rick

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    hi rick and k8

    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    please when you return, please post your story in the My Aruba Story category!
    sorry i cannot answer your questions re: dvd players or jacks on tvs

    re: your craft beer posts.... i do think you should be come a brewmaster on aruba

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10
    Well, I got my confirmation this morning from the rep I've been corresponding with. We've been relocated to the RIU Palace next door in a Jr. Suite w/partial ocean view. Still waiting for the official Starwood email, which should come on the "deadline" of Feb 4 (tomorrow), but I do have a confirmation number! Also awaiting confirmation that this comes with full AI privileges. I just want this to be done so we can look forward to our trip.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Edavid14 View Post
    Well, I got my confirmation this morning from the rep I've been corresponding with. We've been relocated to the RIU Palace next door in a Jr. Suite w/partial ocean view. Still waiting for the official Starwood email, which should come on the "deadline" of Feb 4 (tomorrow), but I do have a confirmation number! Also awaiting confirmation that this comes with full AI privileges. I just want this to be done so we can look forward to our trip.
    With an offer like that they have bought themselves a huge amount of "goodwill". I am happy it all worked out well.

    Just curious if the partial oceanview suite is an upgrade on what you had booked at the Westin?

  10. #40
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,897
    with the add on of all inclusive, i agree lisa, it is a huge amount of goodwill
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    With an offer like that they have bought themselves a huge amount of "goodwill". I am happy it all worked out well.

    Just curious if the partial oceanview suite is an upgrade on what you had booked at the Westin?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO