Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Westin Aruba is CLOSING on February 27, 2014

what will become of the westin ?

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    what will become of the westin ?
    it was purchased by the RIU chain and they are converting it into an AI property.

The beach at Andicuri, Beach Bar at the Westin, Sopranos Piano Bar, Downtown Shopping
    5:17 and no E-Mail yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba Duece View Post
    5:17 and no E-Mail yet!
    I have not received my official notification either. Just an informal email with a conf #. I consider myself fortunate. There are going to be a lot of really unhappy customers after they made everybody wait until Feb 4th, guaranteed we would hear by that date, refused to take phone calls...and then miss their own deadline! Not good...

I would have to say that not responding by the deadline is downright inconsiderate bordering on arrogant.

Now I am thinking they BETTER INDEED upgrade everyone to all inclusive just to pay them back for being inconvenienced.

FYI, relocation emails have started to go out this morning. I got mine just before 6:30am eastern time.

They emailed around 9pm last night to indicate they were not going to make their self-imposed Feb 4th deadline, but said they would have all info out today.

Those of you waiting should have it soon, if not already. I got sent to the Riu Palace. Where did the rest of you get?

Aruba since 1979
    Great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edavid14 View Post
    FYI, relocation emails have started to go out this morning. I got mine just before 6:30am eastern time.

They emailed around 9pm last night to indicate they were not going to make their self-imposed Feb 4th deadline, but said they would have all info out today.

Those of you waiting should have it soon, if not already. I got sent to the Riu Palace. Where did the rest of you get?

If any of you out there ultimately get relocated to the Riu Palace, I just received confirmation that we will receive the all-inclusive package of services. That will save us a lot of money on drinks and breakfast buffets, etc...

Question for all the experienced Aruba vacationers out there...I know the restaurant scene in Aruba is great. I would imagine we would not want to eat at the Riu every night for dinner (perhaps not at all). Advice on great restaurants that a first timer shouldn't miss??? Especially one night at a more romantic place to take my wife for her birthday.

Thanks for the support and invaluable advice. You guys are great!

--Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Edavid14 View Post
    Question for all the experienced Aruba vacationers out there...I know the restaurant scene in Aruba is great. I would imagine we would not want to eat at the Riu every night for dinner (perhaps not at all). Advice on great restaurants that a first timer shouldn't miss???
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/restaurants.html

Especially one night at a more romantic place to take my wife for her birthday.

Thanks for the support and invaluable advice. You guys are great!

--Eric
    Lots of info at http://<b>http://www.aruba.com/forum...antic.htm</b>l Our favorite is Passions on the Beach at the Amsterdam Manor.

I really liked blossoms, wonder what will happen with that ??

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast