Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Westin Aruba is CLOSING on February 27, 2014

Aruba since 1979
    good question
    so many love/loved blossoms!

it'd be nice if it were relocated (including the staff) to a new location.
    Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    I really liked blossoms, wonder what will happen with that ??

Well hope so, i know amy also loves that pago place, again what a shame, i know so many other places similiar, but some people just like what they like and the people there.

We, too, had Westin reservations, and are relocated to the Riu. The email we received gave a confirmation number and said we had to confirm with a credit card. At the number they gave, the people on the other end said "was a mistake" and we were supposed to email. I have emailed twice and have not had a response. The original email said we had 7 days (that was two days ago.) Anyone else have this problem?

The beach at Andicuri, Beach Bar at the Westin, Sopranos Piano Bar, Downtown Shopping
    Well today is the 8th of Feb. and we were promised a relocation from The Westin/Starwood by Feb. 4 and as of now have not heard a word. We have been repeat guest at that property for over twenty vacations. What a horrible, disrespectful way to treat customers. As a restaurant/business owner I believe this is a horrible way to treat clients, this may be a first vacation for some folks and it's sad to think what they are being put through. The people sitting in the "board room" of Starwood and Riu making deals obviously could care less about repeat clients or anyone at all. It must be an if we build it they will come attitude with total disregard for faithful customers. Not Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba Duece View Post
    Well today is the 8th of Feb. and we were promised a relocation from The Westin/Starwood by Feb. 4 and as of now have not heard a word. We have been repeat guest at that property for over twenty vacations. What a horrible, disrespectful way to treat customers. As a restaurant/business owner I believe this is a horrible way to treat clients, this may be a first vacation for some folks and it's sad to think what they are being put through. The people sitting in the "board room" of Starwood and Riu making deals obviously could care less about repeat clients or anyone at all. It must be an if we build it they will come attitude with total disregard for faithful customers. Not Happy
    Unfortunately, you are not the only one to suffer this fate. Somebody else I was corresponding with on tripadvisor had this happen and discovered that her reservation had been cancelled in error by Starwood right around a month ago when this whole story "broke". She called consumer affairs at Starwood corporate in Connecticut and had her reservation reinstated and then they were able to relocate her. Not sure if she got the Riu or Renaissance.

I also got a cancellation notice from Starwood about that same time, but I immediately called the SPG line and told them I had NOT done this. Likewise, they immediately reinstated the reservation and I got my relocation for the Riu on Feb 5 (one day later than they promised, but ultimately it satisfied me). Try that, Aruba Deuce and let us know how it turns out!

Re: riocherry's post about confirming the Riu reservation with a credit card...I also called and was initially told the same thing. I subsequently called Starwood corporate and was told my reservation was already confirmed, but that it was an error to tell us we had to call with a credit card. Just to double-check, I called the Riu toll-free number again and this was confirmed. WE DO NOT HAVE TO PROVIDE A CREDIT CARD IN ADVANCE. The reason you have not received an email back is because the sales office in Aruba is overwhelmed with emails asking this and many other questions. Not an excuse IMO, but just an explanation for what happened.

As is ends up, we have been located to the Riu. I have a confirmation number and I called their sales office to give them a credit card number. They told us we will have full advantage of the their "all inclusive." I am still a little scared, but I guess I just need the have faith. We shall see in three weeks...really looking forward to Aruba!

Quote Originally Posted by riocherry View Post
    As is ends up, we have been located to the Riu. I have a confirmation number and I called their sales office to give them a credit card number. They told us we will have full advantage of the their "all inclusive." I am still a little scared, but I guess I just need the have faith. We shall see in three weeks...really looking forward to Aruba!
    Can you advise either here or in a private message the number you called to reach the Aruba sales office? Much appreciated. We arrive on March 1st and I would like them to answer a couple of questions for me in advance. Thanks!

The beach at Andicuri, Beach Bar at the Westin, Sopranos Piano Bar, Downtown Shopping
    Just got a call from our travel agent that we have been relocated to the Riu with ai at no charge, but nothing in black and white yet. Fingers Crossed!

All is confirmed, we have been given a junior suite with ocean view and all inclusive at The RIU with all the paper work. Better late than never, Happy Campers now!

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba Duece View Post
    All is confirmed, we have been given a junior suite with ocean view and all inclusive at The RIU with all the paper work. Better late than never, Happy Campers now!
    So just out of curiosity , was it worth the hassle of waiting in limbo?
    Were you assigned upgraded accommodations or comparable to what you booked at the Westin?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast