Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Randi

Thread: Westin Aruba vs. Divi Phoenix

Westin Aruba vs. Divi Phoenix

Hello..This is my first time on this site. It is very informative, but I am still VERY confused as to which hotel I should be staying at for a trip in late June. We are staying 10 nights, and I want to be sure I make the right choice. I have been to Aruba 3 times before, but the 1st two trips were very long ago. Our last visit was to the Hyatt. We really enjoyed it, but it is way too pricey this year! I am concerned about my choice because I have read MANY negative comments about the Westin, on review sites. The Westin is rated higer than the Divi, yet it seems it receives more negative comments. I was hoping that someone might be able to give me some "first-hand" info, if they have stayed either of these two properties. I was also considering the Radisson, but I do not belive it is available for my dates. Thanks sooooo much!

Playing around with the dates on the Radisson website, it seems the only night they are sold out is the night of June 30. If you are able to travel prior to those dates, perhaps give Player's Choice/MCM Tours a call. For the heck of it, I would call them anyway to see what availability they have.

Right now they are offering two packages:

Gardenview Room

• Breakfast Buffet Daily
    • $100.00 Beverage credit (per room)
    • $200 Match Play Chips
    • Two $25.00 spa Credits
    • Roundtrip Transfers on Island

Guestroom (standard)

• Breakfast Buffet Daily
    • Lunch Daily
    • $200.00 Beverage credit (per room)
    • $200 Match Play Chips
    • 2 - $25.00 spa Credits
    • Roundtrip Transfers on Island

There are a good number of folks here who have used them to book the Radisson and have been extremely happy with the pricing. Players Choice Tours

There is some info on the Divi Phoenix at

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/divi%20phoenix.html

There is info on the Westin at
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/westin.html

Hyatt or Radisson?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Westin is truely nice. Great pool and location.
    Stayed twice, would do it again.
    Phoenix, nice, small pool, small lobby...but that shouldn't be a deal breaker.

We have a time share at the Phoenix and we were just there in March. It has a new lobby, very large, it now has 4 pools, one with a swim up bar, two resturants. The beach is very nice, not crowded or hard to get a hut. they had just finished the new beach in front of the 4 new buildings. If you want quiet nights, the phoenix is the place. Not overcrowded or loud.

I think the beach at the Phoenix is small and the water isn't quite as nice as at the Radisson. The pool area seems very nice at the Phoenix as well as the other common areas. Did not see a room, so can't comment.

Westin pool and beach seem nice. The Radisson beach and pool is very nice.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

If you are a "beach person", then I would definately shy away from the Westin right now. We stayed there a few times several years ago. Very nice hotel (it was the Wyndam then), but last fall much of the beach was lost in storms so the cabana's are right on top of each other. And there are more people than cabana.

Radisson and Hyatt are both nice. Divi Phoenix is mostly a timeshare resort. After several years at Playa Linda, we purchased at Phoenix last year and are very happy there.

When we were in Aruba last month, the beach at the Westin was fine...much of the beach all along Palm beach has come back.

Here is an aerial shot of the beach from the Westin's web cam

Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:35 PM.