Aruba Beach

Thread: Westin or Marriott Ocean Club

Westin or Marriott Ocean Club

Hello All,

Been reading this forum for months now but this is my first post.

My girlfriend and I are visiting May 23-31 and was able to get a GREAT deal at the Westin (through an employee) but I just recently stumbled upon a deal at the Marriott Ocean Club (someone renting their time share). This would involve moving from the Ocean Club to the Westin for (1) night since we are staying 8 nights, but would actually save us about $400 total.

The $ isnt really a factor, but could possibly be an added bonus. I just want us to have a great time and just figured I'd ask the 'experts' their opinion on where they would stay (even if it were the same price). I know we'd get the benefit of a kitchen/living room at the MOC but it doesnt look as ritzy as the Westin.

Which one would you take and why?
    Would moving that 1 night be a pain in the butt?
    Which is more convenient to other restaurants and bars?

Thanks so much and I look forward to reading the responses!!

Which one would you take and why?
    Westin because the beach is not as crowded and more spread out.
    Would only chose the Ocean Club if you HAD to have the kitchen.
    Are you or your girlfriend going to be cooking on vacation?
    Would moving that 1 night be a pain in the butt?
    Yes, unless you pack a separate bag for just that one night.
    Which is more convenient to other restaurants and bars?
    Both about equal, the Westin is towards the southern end of Palm Beach and the Ocean Club is towards the northern end.

Thanks Arubalisa.

We dont really plan to cook, but it sure would be nice to have a fridge/microwave for drinks, breakfasts, leftovers etc. It is my understanding that the Westin does not offer fridges in the room (besides mini-bars).

I guess we'll stick with the original plan of the Westin unless some Ocean Club lovers out there are able to sway me back.

When we used to stay at the Westin when it was still the Wyndham you used to be able to request mini refrigerators. So might want to check. We also always booked through MCM Tours and received the breakfast buffet as part of their package.

hmmm sounds good. I'll email my 'hook-up' and see if we can get a fridge in our room and ask about this breakfast buffett as well.

Thanks again.

The Westin room is the size of a regular hotel room while the OC is probably three time larger.
    One of you could be watching TV in the living room while the other one could sleep without hearing in the close bedroom.
    There is a big Jacuzzi in the bedroom.
    Free washers and dryers on every floor. (Bring some soap in ziplock bags...)
    The OC doesn't suffer the same problem as the Surf Club regarding crowded beach
    You can have a free palapas every day without having to get up early.
    More in May the Marriott resorts won't be full...

Too bad you're not going next year as the resort will be completly redone,
    new bathrooms, furniture, flat screen televisions, carpet etc... A $14,000,000 project.
    On the good side there won't be any renovations done in May...