Aruba Beach

Thread: Westin questions

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Westin questions

A few questions about The Westin..if anyone knows please respond...

Do the rooms have safes?
    Is there towel locations or do they give them to you in your room?
    I know, stupid question, what color are they?
    How are the restaurants there?
    Do we need to dash down early in the morning to get beach chairs on the beach?

Any other tips, advise, things we should know is greatly appreciated....
    My daughter said 4 more sleeps.

Thanks for your help and advise. We haven't stayed there b4.

They have a hut near the beach that you have to get in line to get a hut ,they have plenty but its first come first served.If I remember the hut opens at AM and the line starts at about AM.Its fun to watch how many people get up and wait to get a hut so early in the morning.ENJOY YOUR VACATION,get up early and stand in line with the hut people.

CindyO Rooms have safes and towel are blue and white stripe.We've stayed there for the last 2 years and my DH stood in line around 7-7:30am to sign up for hut towels we got when we got down to beach to our reserved hut. He met nice people while in line and I was still resting but he didn't mind as he's used to getting up early. This year we will be at Surf Club we bought a time share in March. Westin is absolutely wonderful ,staff excellant and restaurants as good. We went AI both years and were never disappointed... Have a wonderful stay.. Take care of Frank the Bellman as he was a great help to us and hooked us up with good deals.

Cindy

The places to eat at the Westin are very good. I love Pago Pago. The steak there is amazing! Also Blossoms is a great place to eat there too. I would strongly suggest not going to the Italian rest. there because it isnt that good. Luiz, whom is a bellman, is a very good friend of mine. Tell him your friends of Heidi, his friend from Indiana, and I'm sure he'll take care of you guys! Also make sure you meet Miro whom is a bartender there! He's a great guy. There are twins that work outside at the pool. Their names are Carlos and Rodrigo. Carlos actually handles the birds there. Rodrigo is a supervisor at the pool area! Sometimes if you get to know a person working at the pool area and you ask them nicely to reserve you a seat the next morning they will do so. Thats what lots of people do actually. Also if you get a chance to meet Renny, whom also works at the pool, you will fall in love with him! The people of the Westin are the most wonderful staff ever! I hope you enjoy your trip! If you have any ?'s just PM me!

Cindy, Just for your info, I walked by the beachside of the Westin yesterday and they are doing construction to some of the buildings by the beach and next to the pool. The bar looked open and the pool was open but the lunch/dinner place outside was closed and the area around the beach looked empty. This was just after sunset.

mark, thanks so much for the update, its really appreciated. Good info to know, so I don't arrive bummed out there.

The beach at Andicuri, Beach Bar at the Westin, Sopranos Piano Bar, Downtown Shopping
    Getting a hut in the morning is sort of a social event, you get to meet other guest who are early risers and very friendly. Then there are the folks who dislike having to wake early for prime beach real estate with shade, they can be a little cranky. We have been returning to this property for about 15yrs and they have tryed different ways of hut distribution that is fair to all, the latest one seems to work best. They do have coffee and some chairs during the wait. BEWARE OF HUT PIRATES, if your hut is stolen don't argue with the pirates, simply go to the towel hut and get someone to explain the rules to them. Enjoy your trip
    The Duece

Thanks for the info...we've been and are back. Throughly enjoyed our stay at the Westin. Nice staff, great location, nice beach !!! Kudos to Westin !