Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What makes you change resorts?

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I would really enjoy staying at the Playa, its very centrally located. My only requirement would not to be on the first floor, many love it- me not so much. I think all the places you mentioned are nice to stay at and would do whichever one had the best deal. Have you ever considered the MVC? It looked cute when I walked by it and its every affordable. Not a luxury place but certainly looks like its worth the cash.
    The rooms at MVC just look at little too tight for me from their website. I would have to visit before committing to a week.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

Aruba since 1979
    way too tight

maybe arubaace can comment
    he was there in the fall (2015)
    i know he liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    The rooms at MVC just look at little too tight for me from their website. I would have to visit before committing to a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    We may venture down there as a family and check it out next month. I want to go in Feb so I need to check out my options. I will have a better idea at the end of August when I know exactly how many points I have to "spend" at the Ritz/Marriott properties. I may do part of my trip in Feb on points, I am still not sure how many points I get exactly per dollar spent at the Ritz.
    Jay, feel free to come visit our room and have a drink. My twerps will occupy yours
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We bounced around to check different places out and price has always played a large role in where we stayed. Aruba Beach Club was a gift so we took it no questions asked. Then La Cabana Villas (now Tropicana) we booked thru a travel agent & weren't really happy with the distance to the beach and the feeling that the main property was very separate from the Villas. Then started renting timeshares from owners and stayed in a 2 BR E unit at LaCabana and fell in love! Then rented at Casa Del Mar and weren't very happy with the size of the beach, so back to LaCabana we went!

It is truly a goal of mine to spend a good amount of time at every place on the island
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Years ago we used to stay on Palm Beach at the old Aruba Grand (which is now gone). Once the overbuilding started on Palm Beach we started looking for a new place on Eagle Beach where it's quiet and fits our vacation needs better. Tried a few places here and there and finally came to the conclusion that Amsterdam Manor was our new "home". It had everything we were looking for - kitchens (which we need when we stay for 11+ days), great beach, not crowded since it's a small resort, and very few (if any) kids.
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017
    34th trip to Aruba: May 2017
    Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017
    35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

First trip was to the Hyatt. We were to book our second trip to the Hyatt when we heard that they were going to do construction. I have a friend that kept telling me to go to the Radisson, and we have been going since, we'll be going back in Sept, this will make it our 18 or 19 visit there. The only time we were concerned was with the possible takeover from the Riu, then we would have gone to another resort, we were worried about the employees we made friends with, they're still there....
    Last edited by hvy747; 07-15-2016 at 02:22 PM.

Jacki I think we will take you up on that offer. It would be great to meet you, I really appreciate the offer. My wife would LOVE to see a room, as would I. I will be in touch via private message before we head off. I would not want you to go out of your way but if it works, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    We bounced around to check different places out and price has always played a large role in where we stayed. Aruba Beach Club was a gift so we took it no questions asked. Then La Cabana Villas (now Tropicana) we booked thru a travel agent & weren't really happy with the distance to the beach and the feeling that the main property was very separate from the Villas. Then started renting timeshares from owners and stayed in a 2 BR E unit at LaCabana and fell in love! Then rented at Casa Del Mar and weren't very happy with the size of the beach, so back to LaCabana we went!

It is truly a goal of mine to spend a good amount of time at every place on the island

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12