Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to wear Tamarijn/Divi

What to wear Tamarijn/Divi

Hello Aruba friends
    This is about Divi and Tamarijn.
    Is there a dress code for evening. Or is it Ok to come to dinner in shorts and trainers.
    This was the case in Jamaica. The hotel had 80 % americans who did not know how to dress.
    Older men came to dinner in the evening in shorts and trainers.
    We are europeans and used to dress in stylish manner.

Aruba since 1979
    Dress code for dinner at Divi/Tamarijn
    click this link for more dress code reading

divi tamarijn dress fro dinner in the evening is casual.
    not slob casual, but more of a bit upbeat casual.

for example: men dockers and a collared golf style shirt sandals or sneakers
    women could be a sun dres, a short set, nice shorts and t nice shirt,
    sandals or sneakers would be perfect.

the tamarijn and divi ai are even a bit more relaxed at their outdoor buffet restaurants.

andrea

Even at Ruth's Chris which is expensive - I see people in shorts and stuff. The Chalet Swisse is a little dressier but there is really no 'enforcement' of
    rules I have seen down here.

I remember Jamaica and an older cruise ship I was on - they would 'loan' the men jackets and reject if they weren't wearing long pants. Nothing like that here.

Plus women can get by with sundresses

For ala carte dinners at the Divi/Tamarijn my dh wears twill shorts and a short sleeved collared shirt as well as sneakers. He has feet problems , thus sneakers for comfort. I have seen men at the ala carte restaurants wearing a wide range of clothing including cargo shorts and t-shirts. Either way dh wearing sneakers is better than white socks and sandals!

Dd and I wear sundresses and sandals. Many women wear shorts or capris with all different types of tops.

The buffet restaurants you may dress anyway which you please but you will be asked to wear a coverup over your bathing suit, men must wear a shirt and everyone is asked to wear shoes.

If you are looking for an all inclusive with "dress up" dinners, men are required to wear long pants at the Riu for dinner.

"Either way dh wearing sneakers is better than white socks and sandals!"

LOL - my 82 year old dad wore them for 4+ years here. Could never talk him out of it. Not a 'great look'

Quote Originally Posted by pivo View Post
    The hotel had 80 % americans who did not know how to dress.
    That sounds about right for Americans in general.

. Dress is nice casual, I always go with collard shirt and shorts, sandals, sorry no white socks!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-27-2009 at 09:23 AM. Reason: sorry sunny beach i "had " to.

Aruba since 1979
    from the forum's rules

Have respect for other opinions. If you disagree with someone, do not attack them personally. Try to make thoughtful comments about their opinion, perspective, assumptions, etc., but do not attack them personally. Everyone has an opinion based on a number of different factors, like their own personal experiences, values, etc. If someone disagrees with you, it is probably because they value one thing more than another. Attacking them does nothing but create anger and resentment. Discussing the values and perspective that underlies their opinions may increase your understanding and it may encourage them to see your perspective as well. Personal attacks are the tools of someone who probably doesn’t have a very good point to make, or of someone who holds a belief that has no foundation in reasoned thought.

Use smiley faces, emoticons or other indicators of intent liberally. One of the major flaws of Internet communication is the lack of vocal inflections and visual indications of emotion, intent, sarcasm, etc. Be clear what you mean. Many

Dress casual, AJ no promblem, sorry!

What to wear

We just returned 11/20. My husband and I were discussing this very subject. This was our fifth trip to the Tam. There really is no dress code enforced in any restaurant. We ate at all the ala carte restaurants and Windows also. Saw many people (men especially, sorry) in tank tops, flip flops and baggy shorts. I understand that the Dive and Tam are casual properties but come on...is it really a hardship to wear a nice pair of shorts and shirt?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast