Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to Stay - October 2012

Where to Stay - October 2012

My husband and I will be returning to Aruba for our five year anniversary Oct 28 - Nov 3 (2012), 6 nights, and already have our flights booked. We stayed at the Hyatt for our honeymoon in 2007 and really enjoyed it. We are considering staying there again but I'm concerned with the cost. I enjoyed the Hyatt so much I'm afraid I may be disappointed with another property. I'm wondering if the cost of rooms will go down as it is supposed to be low season in October. We are not interested in all inclusive and enjoy eating dinner out off the property. Currently, the Hyatt's special which includes breakfast is $400 a night (even with one free night subtracted for the week) just seems pretty costly considering it is a regular hotel room. AAA rate is $340 (Gardenview King) but this rate does not include a free night. The Divi Phoenix seems to have reasonable rates. How would that compare to the Hyatt as far as resort/beach and overall experience? Any feed back is appreciated. Thank you!

Aruba since 1979
    i think that you would like the divi phoenix.
    it is a timeshare resort so you will have cooking and living room facilities.

i would also suggest the radisson
    it has recently undergone an extensive renovation and is lovely...it imo is on equal footing with hyatt.

welcome to the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCfan View Post
    My husband and I will be returning to Aruba for our five year anniversary Oct 28 - Nov 3 (2012), 6 nights, and already have our flights booked. We stayed at the Hyatt for our honeymoon in 2007 and really enjoyed it. We are considering staying there again but I'm concerned with the cost. I enjoyed the Hyatt so much I'm afraid I may be disappointed with another property. I'm wondering if the cost of rooms will go down as it is supposed to be low season in October. We are not interested in all inclusive and enjoy eating dinner out off the property. Currently, the Hyatt's special which includes breakfast is $400 a night (even with one free night subtracted for the week) just seems pretty costly considering it is a regular hotel room. AAA rate is $340 (Gardenview King) but this rate does not include a free night. The Divi Phoenix seems to have reasonable rates. How would that compare to the Hyatt as far as resort/beach and overall experience? Any feed back is appreciated. Thank you!

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba4u.com/
    check out MCM tours
    they usually have excellent deals
    the deals that they have on the radisson includes a beverage and food credit.

MCM gets rave reviews

Radisson Resort, chilling out on the beach for 8 hours per day
    We always do Players Choice Tours 1-800-79ARUBA at the Radisson. Radisson is a beautiful resort and thru Players the prices are unbelievable. They usually include air (0ptional if u have your tickets, room, transfers, breakfast, lunch, beverage and spa credit. You can't go wrong with the prices and the Radisson. Give them a try you will not regret it.

Aruba since 1979
    MCM tours is owner of Players Choice or vice versa.

as bgmouse says give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by bgmouse View Post
    We always do Players Choice Tours 1-800-79ARUBA at the Radisson. Radisson is a beautiful resort and thru Players the prices are unbelievable. They usually include air (0ptional if u have your tickets, room, transfers, breakfast, lunch, beverage and spa credit. You can't go wrong with the prices and the Radisson. Give them a try you will not regret it.

We had the same "problem" a few years ago. After staying at the Hyatt for 8 straight years, we decided it was just becoming too expensive. We decided to go for something completely different and went to the Divi AI with some friends. I was so worried that it would not measure up and we would be unhappy, especially my husband who tends to be a bit more picky about things. Well, we had a great time at the Divi and even found it had some benefits not found at the Hyatt. I think what we discovered is that we just love Aruba, and for us being there is a magical experience no matter where we stay. We have since also stayed at the Surf Club and will be staying at Costa Linda next week for the first time. It is fun to experience new places on the island!
    katherine

Trip #14 in

katherine - you'll love Costa Linda. we have timeshare there and love that's its a smaller resort located right on the beach. All units have been roenovated, haven't been there since, but it looks great.

Have fun!

Looking to visit August 2013!

Thanks tiamaria - it looks and sounds like a wonderful place...can't wait to get there in just 6 days!!
    katherine

Trip #14 in

I too suggest phone MCM Tours. They have a great special on the Radisson which you can book with or without airfare. http://www.aruba4u.com/specials.php

We have stayed at the Hyatt and Radisson and found them to be pretty comparable. The pool areas are both beautiful. The Radisson's two pools are much more spread out and roomier than the Hyatt's which though one of my favorites, always feels to me, on the cramped size.

The newly renovated rooms at the Radisson are beautiful. I have some photos of our room in the
    Curacao Tower here.

Enz
    Have you given any thought to staying in private vacation rental houses? There are some beautiful homes on the island that are available to rent. For the prices that you quoted you could easily rent a private home with your own private pool to celebrate your anniversary. If you would like more information on this PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast