Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Where would you like to stay?

Our regulars are the Renaissance and the Surf. We've also stayed at the old Westin, LaCabana and Stellaris.

I would think something on Druif Beach or maybe at Tierra del Sol would be fun.
    rob o has left the forum, contact via e-mail at

palm beach, mangel halto for snorkling
    I would have to say the Ritz because over the last 20 years, we have stayed at: Surf Club, Ocean Club, Marriott Stellaris, Rennasance, Marina tower and the beach towers, Playa Linda, Costa Linda, Casa del mar, Lacabana, Tropicana, Blue Village ( a dump!!) Club Arias, Paradise Villas and I am sure we are forgetting a few. Now its in a house beside Club Arias. Its really nice to just leave everything inside and lock the door until you return. I guess I am spoiled!!!
    I just remembered we also stayed at 2 of the Divi properties.
    Last edited by kent; 09-01-2015 at 08:02 PM.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: 47th trip in June 2015 and 48th trip in Nov 2015.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Ritz is where I'd like to try

Palm Beach March 2016
    Aruba May & June 2016
    Aruba Dec 2016 NYE

Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, any beach
    This made me laugh, because sometimes what you've always wanted doesn't always turn out WHAT you wanted.

Since one of our first trips when the Hyatt first opened, I've loved the property and we always said we wanted to stay there "some day". Well, that "some day" came last winter when I was planning our 25th anniversary trip. When looking into it, I found out that their balconies are french balconies which are only a few feet in depth. You can't put chairs on the balcony to sit, have a drink and watch the sunset. Having a balcony is a BIG deal with me. I'd sleep on the balcony if they'd put a bed there for me. Needless to say, we did not stay at the place at which we always thought we wanted to stay.

I'd like to try the Hilton, aka Radisson, sometime. I love the grounds there as well. I don't know if I'd like a townhouse, condo or rental off the beach. I like being able to wake, up be on the beach in minutes and feel the sand on my feet while I drink my coffee. DH sleeps longer than me, and if we were in a place off the beach, he may get annoyed with me waking him early everyday to get to the beach.
    Last edited by AUA1989; 09-02-2015 at 10:13 AM. Reason: grammar

West Deck in the afternoon
    I like the Hyatt property as well, but like you the whole balcony thing is a deal breaker.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 09-02-2015 at 02:18 PM.

everywhere and anywhere
    Geez, I have read everybody's posts and I think that I would like to try the Ritz, but like staying in the presidential suite and have people wait on me hand and foot !!!! Do not think I could stand it always...but once in a while it'd be nice to be completely spoiled......
    In the past we have only stayed at Casa Del Mar and Aruba Beach Club, and of course Divi Village
    Having said that.....I love Divi, it is away from all the hustle and bustle of the high-rise area....things are really slow and lazy...We cook in for the most part, as well as keeping the freezer stocked full of Cap't Morgan and Vodka, so drinks are also not an issue (expense wise). We don't necessarily do it because we can't afford to eat out more often, rather we don't like to eat out every night. My sis-in-law would never come with us because she felt it was stupid to cook on vacation....her loss, not mine.
    So, long story short....Ritz for the spoil factor !!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12