Aruba Beach

Thread: WiFi at Divi AI

WiFi at Divi AI

While we generally disconnect when in Aruba, I'm thinking of getting the wifi this trip. Does anyone know how good the signal is at the Divi AI? Also wondering what the charge is?

Aruba since 1979
    i hope that you get some replies peg.
    in the past, divi village, divi golf village, divi dutch, divi ai and the tam all have had lousy reviews for their wifi.
    from what i know, it is not setar.
    and it is not cheap. ($50 p week)

you may want to ask/contact mr. ratt by private message as he has had some dealings with the wifi there or at the tamarijn.

Had wifi @ Tamarijn this past March. Never had an issue with the signal. Primarily used it in our room or Patio. $50 for 7 days. They do have rates for fewer days.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I always get the WIFI at Divi AI just to keep in touch on news back home and email etc. I arrive on Thursday for 10 days but do not purchase the WIfi until Saturday so it runs thru Friday night so as to check my returning flight info. I ended up paying for an extra day last year as dh was sick I was checking on info in case we needed to stay one more night. Sorry, I know I'm giving too much unneeded info....but I ended up able to print my boarding pass the day of departure, I either never knew about this or it was new. I believe it was something new as the printer was on top of the timeshare lady's counter. Either way very expensive but most of the time the connection was ok for the length of time I was on it. I think I had some issues going back and forth from my laptop to my kindle to my phone using the same password. This year I think I will only use it on one device and see how it goes. I know everyone complains about the price and I'm sure they put it on the survey card when they leave for improvements so I am hoping either the price will be better or perhaps someday (free Wi-Fi) although seeing as people like me end up paying they will probably never change it. Long story short, (sorry) expensive but connection has been ok for the most part. I do know there are free Wi-Fi spots across the street at the market never tried it but it is an option if you feel like taking a short walk.

Thanks all. I probably would only use it in the evening, to post updates or touch base on reservations. Last trip the Radisson had free wifi and I enjoyed having it at the end of the day. I'm okay with the $50 fee as long as the connection is good

Not having been there for a year I can't say too much, but I do recall the only place that seemed "consistent" was across the road at the Divi timeshare, particularly around the pool areas. White paddles on sticks signify wifi signals.... hint hint.
    And again, not having used one I don't know the quality, but I've heard from "reliable" sources (yes, people I've never met other than here on the interweb) that the Mio units are pretty useful. Apparently inexpensive and reliable.
    So there's an option.
    But I still think wandering over to the pool across the road is better... or (shhhh), go sit on the balcony above the lobby at the timeshare. The view's lovely and the signal was always strong.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com