Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wishman35

Thread: Wifi & In room safe FREE at Divi/Tam in 2016 + Mexican restaurant?

Wifi & In room safe FREE at Divi/Tam in 2016 + Mexican restaurant?

I didn't see anyone bring this is up in the Cyber Monday sale but in their "New for 2016" part of the email it mentions both the safe (it mentions in room DIGITAL safe, so that is new) and Wifi being free now. That is good news - considering it should be free anyway

Now their wifi when it was a charge was the slowest I have ever experienced, so I hope they plan to upgrade it if they are offering it to everyone otherwise it will be 100% unusable when everyone is using it in its current state.

It also mentions the long rumored mexican restaurant. I hope that is done by May. Anybody have any update on if that has already been built?

I wonder if those "pool" rooms are worth spending the extra money... very little detail on that.

Thanks!

Wifi & In room safe FREE at Divi/Tam in 2016 + Mexican restaurant?-capture.jpg

Aruba since 1979
    Divi Tamarijn 50% off Cyber Monday Nov 30
    the above is a link to a thread about the cyber deal

We're at the Divi now. They told us they were in the process of replacing all the routers in the resort. For now wifi is free but only available in the lobby.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    The DIVI has a brand new updated website which is very nice and describes all the new rooms etc. Exciting news that ALL rooms will now have FREE wi-fi, yea!!! Also, no more $2 a day charge for room safe, they are now free and will be digital, I just hope they move them all back into the closets (lol) under the sink was the worst idea, I wonder how many people either fell on their butts or threw their backs out trying to get down into the safe The new building is going to have 60 new rooms, when there in Nov/Dec they were moving so fast on these rooms it was crazy, they are opening in January. I am guessing these new rooms are pretty huge as we were trying to count and we were way off thinking a lot more than 60. check out their new website it also includes restaurant menus etc. for all you Divi fans or people who may want to try it.
    http://www.diviaruba.com/

Aruba since 1979
    their website is nice!

i agree about the safe and wifi ....nowadays (omgosh i sound like my mother) wifi and room safes should always be included.
    we stayed someplace in aruba a few years ago, and i cannot remember where, but in order to use the safe one had to swipe a credit card.
    imo that was nonsense. there was no charge, however it meant we could not lock up the credit card in the safe where it belonged.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Wow, how weird is that to swipe a credit card, maybe a room key but a credit card? Who thinks these things up anyway (lol)

Aruba since 1979
    i don't know who would dream it up.
    also too on holland america and carnival cruises, a credit card swipe for those in cabin safes.

happy christmas dividivifan

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Wow, how weird is that to swipe a credit card, maybe a room key but a credit card? Who thinks these things up anyway (lol)

Merry Christmas to you and your family as well Andrea