Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which would you choose? Divi/Tam or Manchebo?

Which would you choose? Divi/Tam or Manchebo?

Hi everyone!

My husband and I are finally getting closer to planning our 1st trip to Aruba for February!!

I just need to wait for Jet Blue to let us book into February. At this point pricing out the same days of the last week in January, we can get a direct flight from Boston at around $1000 for both of us with tax. Not too bad!

Now comes the hard decision, where to stay.

I have it narrowed down to the Divi/Tam all inlusive, or Manchebo. When I first started looking into this trip I was leaning towards Bucuti but their prices JUMPED for 2009. Too bad.

Back to the choices at hand - Divi/Tam seems like the more bang for your buck option, as they are pretty similarly priced. I like the looks of Manchebo, but feel like I'd be limited on dining /drinks with just the one resort. I've never done AI - and want to make sure if we do it, we do it right!

For those of you who've been a few times, what would you suggest for 1st timers? Divi/Tam or Manchebo??

thanks in advance for your replies!

I have never been to the Manchebo so cannot comment on it.

We have stayed at the Tamarijn and just booked our third stay.

The Divi and Tamarijn do offer plenty of options as to restaurants.

Two buffet restaurants
    Two pizza bars
    Pasta/snack bar
    Four ala carte restaurants

Lots of info at http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/tamarijn+restaurants.html

My vote would be for Manchebo - we much prefer their beach. While Divi/Tam has nice beaches, some sections can be rocky.

Also, there are so many wonderful restaurants on the island, we prefer to be adventurous and try different places rather than do AI and restrict ourselves to the hotel restaurants. At Manchebo, AI is an option - you don't have to take it. If you choose not to do AI, then you can experience all the wonderful dining experiences Aruba has to offer!

Just my opinion ...

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Manchebo

I completely agree.

Manchebo is a super place to stay. Just make sure you get a room on the 2nd. floor with sea views.
    The beach just outside of Manchebo is the one that makes the top 10 beaches in the world list.

Don't do AI. Although the restaurants are ok, you should definitely go other places too. Plenty to choose from.

But no matter what you choose, you will fall in love with Aruba and have a great time.

Carsten

Aruba since 1979
    we have stayed pre and post timeshare nights at Manchebo.
    loved the location, loved the beach, loved the staff....the rooms were very basic, older....but very clean and well cared for.

we have stayed a few times at divi/tam, again loved it and liked the restaurants.

my suggestion for folks that inquire about AI for their 1st trip is to DO IT. Once on island your meals are all set, your beverages are plentiful and deeeelicious. You have time to relax and vegetate on the beach. Get your bearings on the island, get settled, do some touring.............maybe eat off resort once or twice.......after all folks are gonna tell you that you HAVE to go to Madam Janette, Flying Fishbone, LGSmiths.

next trip...........do not do all inclusive and experience all of the great restaurants or if you LOVED the AI, go for it again and then again grab a few dinners off resort if you so desire.

again, Manchebo is on Eagle Beach and is situated on the best stretch of Eagle Beach

clear as mud right?

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymra View Post
    Hi everyone!

My husband and I are finally getting closer to planning our 1st trip to Aruba for February!!

I just need to wait for Jet Blue to let us book into February. At this point pricing out the same days of the last week in January, we can get a direct flight from Boston at around $1000 for both of us with tax. Not too bad!

Now comes the hard decision, where to stay.

I have it narrowed down to the Divi/Tam all inlusive, or Manchebo. When I first started looking into this trip I was leaning towards Bucuti but their prices JUMPED for 2009. Too bad.

Back to the choices at hand - Divi/Tam seems like the more bang for your buck option, as they are pretty similarly priced. I like the looks of Manchebo, but feel like I'd be limited on dining /drinks with just the one resort. I've never done AI - and want to make sure if we do it, we do it right!

For those of you who've been a few times, what would you suggest for 1st timers? Divi/Tam or Manchebo??

thanks in advance for your replies!

Thank you all for the replies!

To be honest, the reason we would go AI is mostly for the drinks, and to not have to think about anything. On the other hand, neither of us are 'big' drinkers and eat pretty healthy. I would love an AI that was just drinks and breakfast.

If we don't do AI - how expensive are the drinks??

I'm off to give the Manchebo site a better browse...Divi was the frontrunner up til this point. But I am being swayed!

Thank you all for the replies!

To be honest, the reason we would go AI is mostly for the drinks, and to not have to think about anything. On the other hand, neither of us are 'big' drinkers and eat pretty healthy. I would love an AI that was just drinks and breakfast.

If we don't do AI - how expensive are the drinks??

I'm off to give the Manchebo site a better browse...Divi was the frontrunner up til this point. But I am being swayed!
    Drinks are a bit expensive - you can see the cocktail menu at Manchebo at http://www.manchebo.com/pegapega/menu.shtml#cocktails

Since you're not "big drinkers", if you did the happy hour specials and then picked up your beverage of choice at the grocery store, it might save you some $$$$. Then you would have the freedom to try the different island restaurants for dinner.

Our preference for many years has been the Tam. However, I highly recommend you consider Manchebo.

The past couple of years more and more folks have been discovering the totally relaxed atmosphere and enjoyable experience the comes with a stay at the Tam. I did enjoy our stay a tad bit more when the resort was not full. I'm as guilty as many, 'we told too many how nice it is'.

Booked for our 8th stay at the Tam!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely View Post
    Our preference for many years has been the Tam. However, I highly recommend you consider Manchebo.

The past couple of years more and more folks have been discovering the totally relaxed atmosphere and enjoyable experience the comes with a stay at the Tam. I did enjoy our stay a tad bit more when the resort was not full. I'm as guilty as many, 'we told too many how nice it is'.

Booked for our 8th stay at the Tam!!!!
    Are you telling me Manchebo to keep the Tam all to yourself??

I acutally couldn't tell if Divi/Tam had a non AI option?

I acutally couldn't tell if Divi/Tam had a non AI option?
    No they do NOT.

But for fwiw, now that we have switched from NON all inclusive to all inclusive vacations, we stay at the Tamarijn and dine off property as we like.

Dh figured with the money we are saving staying at the Tamarijn rather than our #1 choice (Radisson) we can afford to do this as well as drink and eat when and where we want.

Admittedly we do drink more now on vacations . Does that make us more relaxed? Dh has a couple of glasses of merlot at dinner each night at the Tamarijn. I enjoy the local Balashi and wine with dinner. Imo the Divi/Tam serves a nice house wine. Cuts down on costs than paying $30+ a bottle for a bottle of wine with dinner. Happy hours are a little happier.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 09-03-2008 at 12:02 PM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast