Aruba Beach

Thread: Caribbean Palm Village Questions

Caribbean Palm Village Questions

Hi Everyone,

Im hoping someone can help... I am looking into a unit at Caribbean Palm Village, but the question that arises is.. How safe is that area? It appears to be safe, but we stopped there at night, to check it out (It was our last night in Aruba), and we had to be buzzed in a tall gate.

My question is that general area good? Safe? The parking lot was lit up and outside the gate, but all the units were inside the barrier / gate, and you needed a room key to open.

To me it sounds like this is for the safetly of guests. We always rent a car in Aruba, but generally stay in the Eagle Beach Area. I thought it would be something different staying at CPV.

I would want to make sure its a safe area especially at night, without having to fear of someone breaking into the rental car. Any help would help. Thank You, Joe

Aruba since 1979
    My husband and I have stayed at CPV 3 x. The most recent was during Christmas break in 2010.
    We have always had a rental car there.
    We have found that CPV does an outstanding job at security, on the resort premesis and their parking lot.
    It seems to us like a safe area and we have never had an issue.

The units are spacious, the resort is clean and very well maintained.

To the best of my memory, there are security guards that patrols the parking lot day and night.
    Quote Originally Posted by joec3535 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Im hoping someone can help... I am looking into a unit at Caribbean Palm Village, but the question that arises is.. How safe is that area? It appears to be safe, but we stopped there at night, to check it out (It was our last night in Aruba), and we had to be buzzed in a tall gate.

My question is that general area good? Safe? The parking lot was lit up and outside the gate, but all the units were inside the barrier / gate, and you needed a room key to open.

To me it sounds like this is for the safetly of guests. We always rent a car in Aruba, but generally stay in the Eagle Beach Area. I thought it would be something different staying at CPV.

I would want to make sure its a safe area especially at night, without having to fear of someone breaking into the rental car. Any help would help. Thank You, Joe

Thank You Andrea, I was hoping that you would respond. I feel Aruba is safe, but that area just look odd to me.

Aruba since 1979
    I would say no worries. Be proactive keep valuables out of parked car everywhere.