Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cost of 2 bedroom at Divi Phoenix?

Cost of 2 bedroom at Divi Phoenix?

Hi,
    We are considering selling our 2 bedroom in the villas at Divi Phoenix it is on the second floor overlooking the pool with an ocean view. Which is really a 1 bedroom and an adjoining studio. We have an 80 year contract with about 75 years left. The home week is week 43, but we have it in points with RCI so have been able to either stay there or use elsewhere if we choose.
    We have been told that if you buy from the resort they are selling for $34,500 with aonly a 40 year contract.
    Does anyone know if this is true?
    Thank you

Aruba since 1979
    you may want to check your right to use contract to see if that 75 years left is transferrable to the new person who would buy your right to use contract.
    i don't know about divi phoenix and their in house pricing.

to give you a better idea though......Costa Linda "resale" which is not a right to use, but a timeshare deeded in perpetuity..........Costa Linda's are selling (resale) for a 2 bedroom, depending on the week, for as low as $9000 to as high as $18,000.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    you may want to check your right to use contract to see if that 75 years left is transferrable to the new person who would buy your right to use contract.
    i don't know about divi phoenix and their in house pricing.

to give you a better idea though......Costa Linda "resale" which is not a right to use, but a timeshare deeded in perpetuity..........Costa Linda's are selling (resale) for a 2 bedroom, depending on the week, for as low as $9000 to as high as $18,000.
    During Jan. and Feb., many people at Costa Linda sell their weeks for $24,000 - $25,000. We've gotten to know a lot of people since we have been staying there for the past 7 years. They've become very pricey.

Aruba since 1979
    Wow. thanks diane

I asked a friend who sold hers 2 years ago. Week 33 and 34 and she got $12,000 for 1 and 14,000 for the other.
    Those prime winter weeks are pricey indeed.
    I think I would much rather be a renter than to shell out that kind of money.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Wow. thanks diane

I asked a friend who sold hers 2 years ago. Week 33 and 34 and she got $12,000 for 1 and 14,000 for the other.
    Those prime winter weeks are pricey indeed.
    I think I would much rather be a renter than to shell out that kind of money.

Yep, Andrea. That's exactly why we rent. If we were to buy two weeks,, it would cost us around $50,000. We just can't justify that, but the rents go up almost every year too.

Divi Resorts no longer markets the traditional timeshare right of use contracts (as a fixed week or bundled with an exchange company). Since 2015 the product has been the "Divi Travel Club". Promo/marketing info is on the Divi website.

Those who have the "old" contracts may want to consider bearing the annual maintenance/operating fee and the subscription to an exchange company (we've subscriptions with both RCI & II ... + and - with each but some unique features for each - worth a close look-see at what they each have on their web sites).
    Use the exchange company to exchange to other resorts if not going to Aruba. Or, look to renting it out to recoup your maintenance/operating fee for that year.
    Selling? Certainly an option. Don't expect it to be anything like selling real estate $ wise. A significant advantage of pricing to move and selling is that *you* no longer have the annual maintenance/operating fee going forward. With that said if the fee is in your budget use your asset - visit Aruba or exchange (nice locations available and the exchange results in very nice lodging at a well contained price).

Hi, we could keep it, but we bought into a vacation club elsewhere a few years ago and we can go just about anywhere in the world. We can use it anytime 52 weeks a year and go any day of the week and no maintenance fees. We love Aruba and will still be going there. So we don't need to keep our Divi timeshare and keep paying the maintenance fee. So we have decided to sell it.
    I am looking into useing the red week service to sell it for us. Will be checking on the total fees on Monday as the charges they post on the Redweek site does not include all the extras such as closing costs ect.
    I have sold 2 other timeshares on this site on my own in the past, but with all the scams going on, I am Leary of doing it on my own this time. We have a great 2 bedroom in the villas over the pool and with an ocean view.
    I know you have the timeshare list (John Rizzo's) do you know if there have been any problems when people have used that list to sell?
    thanks,

No involvement with whatever interactions occur.

.. I am impressed that you managed to sell two timeshares in general, because my father-in law had three that I managed to get rid of last year and what a nightmare that was.. we tried selling them, renting everything..in the end we ended up going down the quit claim deed route with one of them Florida (one) and the other two we contacted the resorts and they took them back, but the amount of fees we paid out over time trying to find some one to sell them was ridiculous, he is 75yrs old and can no longer travel, you have to read your contract carefully because if they have a perpetuity claws in them they can end up being passed to your children regardless of, if they want them or not. If you decides this route.. PM me, I can give you the lawyer I contacted that helped me do this.

Thank you. I had both times shares in Aruba. The first one was a small 1 bedroom at the La Quinta. You know I miss that one, it was small but located steps from the pool, just a nice little unit. Then We bought into the Occidental, the Penhouse. Only got to use it twice and my husband became ill, long illness, but I was lucky to be able to rent it most years and finally got it sold. So broke about even on that one. I am remarried and we bought into the Pheonix 5 years ago when they were building the new villas. We love it there, but now we also own a vacation club that has properties all over the world including Aruba. There are no maintenance fee for the vacation club so that is why we are going to sell our 2 bedroom at the Pheonix. I am going to see how much the Redweek site charges to do it for us as there are so many scams out there I just don't want to take the chance on selling it myself this time.
    It has worked out very well for us owning the week at Divi Pheonix as we have it in points with RCI and have used the points to travel to Las Vegas and have stayed at Disneyworld' right on the resort 3 times. I think the timeshares sold OK as they are in Aruba and everyone loves going there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast