Aruba Beach

Thread: Divi Phoenix

Divi Phoenix

Hi Aruba Forum members,

We have a reservation at the Divi Phoenix and I was hoping someone could give me some information on their rooms. We booked the 1 Bedroom Villa suite beachside and was wondering where these units would be on the property? The property maps online are somewhat confusing and the categories use slightly different terms. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We booked thru JB

Thanks,
    Travelmonkey923

If they are talking about the original villa's they are right in front of the original tall tower. We own there, they have the best views in our opinion. they overlook two pools and the beach. it's very quiet on that side since they added the new 4 buildings and pools. if it's in the new buildings then you could be looking at......the other buildings unless you are up high.

Anyone else owns or has stayed at Divi Aruba Phoenix? A 1 bedroom just became available for exchange with interval. I really want to exchange for la cabana but they have an exchange available 1 day earlier than my arrival.

Aruba since 1979
    divi has a unit available for 1 week a beginning a day prior to your arrival?
    what would you do for the last night ? or are you only staying 6 nights?

divi phoenix is a nice property...lovely uncrowded beach area.
    years ago, we stayed with friends in the tower building (that is all there was then) and the unit was ok and the view terrific.
    it was probably 10 years ago. the elevators at the time were the concern. there was always one broken and they were hot and smelled.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Anyone else owns or has stayed at Divi Aruba Phoenix? A 1 bedroom just became available for exchange with interval. I really want to exchange for la cabana but they have an exchange available 1 day earlier than my arrival.

@Travelmonkey923

Divi Phoenix 1BRs are interesting.
    All are of good size. The unit layouts vary with what part of Divi Phonix it is in.
    There are 1BR units in the original (Phase I) buildings and there are those in the New Villas Towers (Phase II).

Back to Phase I -- there's the Villas and there's the original Tower.
    The 1BRs in each have different layouts.
    The phrase "villa suite beachside" has been used to refer to both the Phase I Villas and the Phase II New Villas. Marketing engendered confusion.

The Phase I Villas face the beach and across that the Caribbean. The Phase I Tower (just behind the Villas) provides direct views of the Caribbean . The Phase II New Villas all are adjecent to the beach/Caribbean -- so "beachside" (not across the road).
    But with the exeption of the ground floor units for the "D" tower there's no walk out & in a few short steps be on the beach. However the "D" tower is perpendicular to the beach so there's no look'n out the window onto the Caribbean.

If your JB reservation put you into Phase I you can, at check in, ask if a 1BR is available in Phase II.
    If there is and you go for it you'll pay some $650 for an "up" charge.

@ArubaAce

Is it La Cabana that is only available 1 day after your arrival?

If Divi Phoenix is what you can get via II for the time frame of Aruba arrival to Aruba Departure take it.
    The 1BR units are all of good size. The specific layout and view depends on where, in the Divi Phoenix the unit is located. Some more details are in my reply to Travelmonkey923.
    (Yes ... have stayed at & own at Divi Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    divi has a unit available for 1 week a beginning a day prior to your arrival?
    what would you do for the last night ? or are you only staying 6 nights?
    divi phoenix is a nice property...lovely uncrowded beach area.
    years ago, we stayed with friends in the tower building (that is all there was then) and the unit was ok and the view terrific.
    it was probably 10 years ago. the elevators at the time were the concern. there was always one broken and they were hot and smelled.
    No Divi has a unit for the 7 nights I will be there. Its perfect for my dates. Its La Cabana that has a unit available one day earlier which is why I did not book la cabana and was thinking about Divi Phoenix Thx for your input.

The week is no longer available but I will keep checking. I really want to stay in the low rise area so La Cabana, Paradise Beach Villa or La Quinta would appeal more to me. However, I have seen weeks available come and go at Renassance, Costa Linda, The Divi Phoenix today a lot of weeks coming up at the Marriot SurF Club.They have a 2 bedroom at Carribean Palm Village but its so far from the beach and I don't know if I can deal with that beach shuttle. I will patiently wait to see what comes up. Thx all...