Aruba Beach
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Jacki
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By mvosilla

Thread: How to confirm Rental

How to confirm Rental

I know there are tips about renting someone's timeshare and not getting scammed on here somewhere but I can't find them. How does the process usually work?

I've connected with someone on redweek about a Unit at Divi Village and now I think my next step is to call Divi in NC and confirm that the person owns the week. What information do I need? And then, assuming they do, I pay the person some sort deposit and they add my name for the week, send me confirmation and I pay them the rest. But how do I know they won't change it and take my name off?

I see there is some sort of Redweek escrow program fro an extra fee? Is that to take away the chance of getting scammed?

I don't know about Divi specifically, but with La Cabana owner would have to email La Cabana, copying the renter, asking them to confirm them as owner in good standing of that specific week & room number. Then in my experiences, I would send a deposit after getting the email confirmation from Owners Services, then send the balance once I had the confirmation from LaCabana that the room was switched to my name for that time period.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    i think the redweek escrow thing is a great idea.

and really, a dishonest few might take one's name off a reservation and the renter would never be the wiser til check in.

also too, i would inquire about accepting payment thru paypal.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvosilla View Post
    I know there are tips about renting someone's timeshare and not getting scammed on here somewhere but I can't find them. How does the process usually work?

I've connected with someone on redweek about a Unit at Divi Village and now I think my next step is to call Divi in NC and confirm that the person owns the week. What information do I need? And then, assuming they do, I pay the person some sort deposit and they add my name for the week, send me confirmation and I pay them the rest. But how do I know they won't change it and take my name off?

I see there is some sort of Redweek escrow program fro an extra fee? Is that to take away the chance of getting scammed?

As always, thanks for the guidance Jacki and Andrea. If this doesn't work out, I'll figure something else out. I've book my flights for Aruba for March 25th through April 6th, so perhaps our paths will cross this year.