Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: LaCabana Questions

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    We tried the restaurant at the Double Down Sports Bar this past March and the food was good there too.
    Scott and Leslie of Scott's Brats recommended Double Down to us as a great place to watch football. They have never steered us wrong.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

I really appreciate all of your help. It sounds like LaCabana while different for me would be very nice. I look forward to checking it out while on vacation next month.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 07-15-2016 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I just priced southwest and its almost $3000 less!!!!! Its only $2550. I think I can actually win that battle...lets see, we go away and have to "suffer" thru connecting flights to save 3k and actually go away or we have a direct flight to no place, lol. I don't often even try to convince my wife to change her mind, after 25 plus years together I know how to conserve energy and not waste time- but this one is an easy win for me, lol. I am actually ready to book my flights and just let her complain on the plane as I sleep, lol.
    The Spouse would absolutely shred me if I booked a connecting flight. We just wouldn't go and we'd wait for cheaper flights. No amount of money is worth that aggravation at the beginning and end of the trip. Careful!

I'm with you act! My husband would freak. He has a difficult time flying. In fact, the first 25 years we were married he refused to fly! I wouldn't want to go back to that!!

Aruba since 1979
    i do not fly well, i hate it and i am very nervous.
    that being said, if my only affordable option was a flight with a stop over/change of planes, i would do it and we have done it.

many of our forum members are not blessed with being on a route that offers a non stop option.
    it poses issues especially in the winter when storms are causing havoc with delays and cancellations.

aruba, worth a stop of 2 if necessary.
    getting there the quickest and most painless way possible is my goal.
    having a stop makes the travel day(s) that much longer

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I always chuckle when I read posts where people swear that they would never take a connecting flight. For myself and a lot of others, that is our only option to get to Aruba and most places. It is such a way of life around here that most people don't give it a second thought. It generally isn't any problem. You just book flights with ample time to get to your next gate. Usually, we have enough time to grab a bite and then go to the next gate and relax until time to board. Out of all of the times that we have flown over the many years, we've only run into problems a couple of times. Don't get me wrong, we'd MUCH rather have direct flights, but if it comes down to going on connecting flights or staying home, we'll take the connections.

I am not a good flyer by any means, but I booked flights with a stop. The finances require it. Booking 5 flights, if the price difference is $350 (as it was this year) That totals $1750 in savings!!

I try to book flights with the shortest lay over possible so we get to Aruba quicker!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Maybe our spouses have some distant blood lines, I am actually going to wait to bring it up to my wife- I would say she is grumpy this morning so I won't be presenting that as an option today, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    The Spouse would absolutely shred me if I booked a connecting flight. We just wouldn't go and we'd wait for cheaper flights. No amount of money is worth that aggravation at the beginning and end of the trip. Careful!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Jay - if you decide on La Cabana for your Feb. trip, start looking at their rental board where owners put their units up for rent. www.lacabanabrc.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?16-FOR-RENT .

Important is to get the name, address and phone # of the person renting their unit and confirm this information with the resort. Also, with the resort make sure the renter is paid up with their current maintenance fee. Also, check-out their timeshare calendar that it corresponds with the week your are renting. It's been done many times that people arrive the wrong week. www.lacabanabrc.com/readBlob.do?id=2746

La Cabana has Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun check-in's. Units with a Sat or Sun check-in have the best view (pool/ocean). Thurs and Fri check-in's are Garden view units. Depending on the location of the Garden units and floor # (3rd & 4th floor), these units may have a partial ocean view. The 1 bedroom units are A & C units. B units between A&C units are studio units. There are also 1 bedroom Deluxe and 2 bedroom units. Video's of units: www.lacabanabrc.com/accommodations

La Cabana is no Ritz. But it is a comfortable, fun, family resort. The arcade is nothing to write home about. Just a small room in the passageway between the Lobby and pool area. The kid's activity room is across from the arcade. My grandson was too young at the time to take part in the kid's activities. Last time he was there he was 3 when they only take kid's 4+.

If you want to have date night with your wife, I'm sure they can recommend a sitter. Once on Karaoke night I asked Kathy that run's the kid's program why she was still there with a couple of kids. She said she was babysitting. She would be someone I would trust as she has been at La Cabana for many years.

Thanks Liz. I did use the rental board and that is where I got the women's contact info. I have already emailed LaCabana to ask to verify the owner/info just incase we move forward. I am a little nervous renting from someone I don't know. I won't do anything prior to seeing the complex first hand. I will also take a look and evaluate my finances after our trip, maybe I will actually win enough to pay for the next trip, probably not, lol. Love your idea about the babysitter, we have one currently that was referred to us. I met her last trip and she was very nice, I hope it goes well next month when she is watching my twerp a bit.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast