Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: LaCabana Questions

The unit number is 439 C- is suppose to be partial ocean view????

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    yes, 439C is a 1 bedroom partial view facing Amsterdam Manor.
    LaCabana Questions-la-cabana-layout.jpg

Here's the layout of the unit numbers at the link. 439C is on the outer part and faces partly toward Amsterdam Manor and partly the water. You should have a partial ocean view especially being on the 4th floor. http://www.lacabanabrc.com/resort-layout/
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017
    34th trip to Aruba: May 2017
    Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017
    35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

The link is to the photo that Liz posted above. The view from that room will be very similar to the view from my room on the opposite side of the resort. LaCabana Questions-view.jpg
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thanks for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    The link is to the photo that Liz posted above. The view from that room will be very similar to the view from my room on the opposite side of the resort. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	View.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	5172

This is perfect, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    yes, 439C is a 1 bedroom partial view facing Amsterdam Manor.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	La Cabana Layout.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	5171

Thanks Liz. I did use the rental board and that is where I got the women's contact info. I have already emailed LaCabana to ask to verify the owner/info just incase we move forward. I am a little nervous renting from someone I don't know. I won't do anything prior to seeing the complex first hand. I will also take a look and evaluate my finances after our trip, maybe I will actually win enough to pay for the next trip, probably not, lol. Love your idea about the babysitter, we have one currently that was referred to us. I met her last trip and she was very nice, I hope it goes well next month when she is watching my twerp a bit.
    As someone who has successfully rented from people I don't know 3 times, I have a few thoughts for you.
    I think it is too early to contact owners. You should check out the resort first and be ready to pay to close the deal out of courtesy to the owner. At this point someone else could get that rental before you are ready to pull the trigger and then you will have to start over anyway.
    I like renting from the owners boards on the website because usually those people have to have a member number to register and post. I usually Google the person and look for them on facebook just to see how legit they seem. I also google their mailing address where I am sending to check to make sure something comes up with their name, like a white pages search. I also confirm with the resort when possible. Marriott Surf Club rentals are nice because you have a Marriott confirmation number you can look up to verify the reservation and view.
    Your family may want to consider the Surf Club as an option for a rental too. We've gotten some great deals and it's close to the Ritz restaurants you love and meets the needs for kid activities. Just something else to consider. There are always many available rentals on Redweek.com.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Thanks Liz. I did use the rental board and that is where I got the women's contact info. I have already emailed LaCabana to ask to verify the owner/info just incase we move forward. I am a little nervous renting from someone I don't know. I won't do anything prior to seeing the complex first hand. I will also take a look and evaluate my finances after our trip, maybe I will actually win enough to pay for the next trip, probably not, lol. Love your idea about the babysitter, we have one currently that was referred to us. I met her last trip and she was very nice, I hope it goes well next month when she is watching my twerp a bit.
    There is really nothing about renting from someone you don't know. Just as long as you confirm that that they are the true owners of that unit # and the dates of the rental with the resort. I have rented many of my units and I have also rented units from others over the years with no problem. It's never too early to book a unit that is for rent, especially weeks in high season. February when New York is off for Presidents week is a busy time in Aruba. Another reason not to wait too long is when renters do not get any feedback in renting their unit, they bank their week with their Exchange Company.

I was honest and upfront with the owner telling her I would be on the island in about 3 weeks and won't be ready to commit till I return and understand if she has a willing renter earlier than I can commit.

Thanks for the pointers/suggestions. We plan on checking out the surf club this trip as well. If I have any hope of continuing to go several times a year I need to figure out a way to control the expenses somewhat. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    As someone who has successfully rented from people I don't know 3 times, I have a few thoughts for you.
    I think it is too early to contact owners. You should check out the resort first and be ready to pay to close the deal out of courtesy to the owner. At this point someone else could get that rental before you are ready to pull the trigger and then you will have to start over anyway.
    I like renting from the owners boards on the website because usually those people have to have a member number to register and post. I usually Google the person and look for them on facebook just to see how legit they seem. I also google their mailing address where I am sending to check to make sure something comes up with their name, like a white pages search. I also confirm with the resort when possible. Marriott Surf Club rentals are nice because you have a Marriott confirmation number you can look up to verify the reservation and view.
    Your family may want to consider the Surf Club as an option for a rental too. We've gotten some great deals and it's close to the Ritz restaurants you love and meets the needs for kid activities. Just something else to consider. There are always many available rentals on Redweek.com.

This is really good info. My sister who rents her place in Vt on the ski slopes said its just as hard to make sure you get "good" renters ..
    I thought about renting from somebody but like some mention how do you know if they are 'real'
    Would love to rent a unit from this place too in June/July next year for 2 weeks this time..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast