Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Paradise Beach Villas - What do you know about this resort?

Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    I remember la cabana had portable dehumidifiers with a sign do not shut off. This was prior to their renovation. I would check out other resorts, check on pricing etc. My advise on timeshare buying is to only purchase if you can buy it cash not finance. Also check out sites like red week because people are always selling their time share.
    Back to Aruba in

Hi everyone,
    Thank you for the responses about PBV. I assume that I could have let the cleaning staff empty the dehumidifier, but it filled so quickly (two to three times in a 24 hour span) that I felt I had no choice but to do it myself. And yes, the recently renovated rooms in phase two also had a dehumidifiers (one pool view room and one ocean view room).
    A few people mentioned "problems in the past", what were the problems?
    Also does anyone have any idea as to when the ENTIRE resort including the rooms will have wi-fi?

Thank you,

Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    Hi Zack,

Maybe 20 years ago the resort was in financial trouble. They assessed all the original owners $1000 each (or more?) to save the resort. Finances have been good since then. A few years ago there was a special assessment of $275 for three years to fund these renovations and some infrastructure work.

WiFi has been an issue for several years. There was a stretch of good reception throughout the resort. Then a couple of years ago it died and hasn't worked well since. Now I just walk my laptop down to the library (free wifi) once (or twice) a day to catch up on the rest of the world.

As the humidity levels drop in parts of the resort, the frequency the humidifiers have to be emptied drops to once a day. Then they disappear.

PBV has an August update on their website, sounds like a lot of progress has been made in the last few months.

This bothered me since we're arriving on Saturday, 9/5/15. I e-mailed PDV and was told the pool has reopened.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12