Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Rules for new threads in the timeshare section

Aruba since 1979

Rules for new threads in the timeshare section

Dear members,

the timeshare section is moderated now. This means every new thread will be reviewed by a moderator to check if it follow the rules below.

When listing your timeshare for rent, please list the following:

• Name of resort
    • Location: Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, Druif Beach, Inland or other.
    • Available Dates as well as the timeshare "week"
    • Occupancy capacity (sleeps 2, or 4 or however many as well as configuration such as 1 king bed in the master bedroom and pullout queen sleeper sofa in living room)
    • Price of rental OR "will consider reasonable offers" and Daily timeshare tax and energy surcharge amounts

is the unit a..........
      1 bedroom
      2 bedroom
      3 bedroom
      studio

All of these must be in the "for rent" posting. When the posting comes thru, Jacki or I will check for completeness and then it will be posted.

Rental of Interval or RCI exchange/deposit weeks are not allowed as those are strictly prohibited by those exchange companies.

Please do not post a phone number.

Thank you all for your cooperation and thank you for visiting the Aruba.com site.

very important addendum: please add in the additional tax to your for rent timeshare
    as of Aug 1, 2013

In 2010 the government abolished half of the Turn-Over Tax (BBO), from 3% to 1 %, to improve the buying power of both visitors and residents. However, to be able to finance and implement projects to enhance and protect the environment, the government has reached a new fiscal reform in agreement with the business community and the unions. Part of the reform will have an impact on the tourism industry as well. For the hotel and timeshare sector, the government will introduce an “Environmental Levy” as per August 1, 2013, with a fixed fee as follows:
    - US$10 per studio
    - US$15 per one bedroom
    - US$25 per two or three bedrooms

For timeshare owners, this levy is a one-time fee for continuous usage during your owned interval. As such, if you own multiple consecutive weeks, you would be charged only once during your visit. If you own non-consecutive weeks, you will be charged for each stay. Similarly, owners transferring from one resort to another will be charged for a new stay. Hotel or transient guests will be charged US$ 3 per day. Timeshare owners renting additional nights before or after their interval stay will be subjected to the daily fee in addition to their fixed fee.

Andrea James
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 12-26-2016 at 11:41 AM.

hi andrea, i posted a timeshare rental on the 24th of june. I did not see it posted. I just posted the same ad again. Is there a problem why it's not posting? Thanks, Donna

Posting

Hi - I was sent a memo that I needed to revise my listing and I did so yesterday. The positing is for a rental at Paradise Beach Villa March 10-17 and March 17-24. I have not seen it posted nor have I received and e-mail to correct it. Please let me know. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by dilowe View Post
    Hi - I was sent a memo that I needed to revise my listing and I did so yesterday. The positing is for a rental at Paradise Beach Villa March 10-17 and March 17-24. I have not seen it posted nor have I received and e-mail to correct it. Please let me know. Thank you.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f23/parad...88/#post215115

Are the week numbers the same at all resorts? I think I've seen a particular week posted as week number so and so at one resort and then have seen the same dates listed as the following number at a different resort. Or did one of them just make a mistake? (I'm referring to September 8-15, 2012). Thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    some weeks are different from one resort to another.
    most resorts are the same but some differ.

that is why the aruba.com community forum asks all people listing their for rent units to not only put in the week number but also the dates.
    Quote Originally Posted by clash1013 View Post
    Are the week numbers the same at all resorts? I think I've seen a particular week posted as week number so and so at one resort and then have seen the same dates listed as the following number at a different resort. Or did one of them just make a mistake? (I'm referring to September 8-15, 2012). Thanks!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-19-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Listed an e-mail for a timeshare rental

Hi Andrea,
    I have been a member for a few years but really only used this site once. I would like to advertise a rental for March but when I did I had some problems like the other people. Could you guide me through it with specifics and am I not supposed to list my e-mail address??
    Thank-you

Aruba since 1979
    Although listing your email is not recommended we do not stop you.
    Read the first thread a sticky in this category re all the dos and don'ts for posting

where do I go and how do I list a timeshare for rental?? I'm signed on but I keep losing my message everytime I send it

Quote Originally Posted by dfrance View Post
    where do I go and how do I list a timeshare for rental?? I'm signed on but I keep losing my message everytime I send it
    To start a new thread simply click on the 'new thread' button

Click on the attached photo for location at the top of the timeshare category
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rules for new threads in the timeshare section-capture.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast