Aruba Beach

Thread: Timeshare Trade questions

Timeshare Trade questions

How does this work - La Cabana/Bluegreen specific if possible.

If I own set week timeshare can I trade via Bluegreen to any other Bluegreen property anywhere? Or would I need to have some type of membership with Bluegreen? or with RCI or Interval?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    if you own a fixed week at lacabana you cannot trade into bluegreen.
    if you own bluegreen points (member of their vacation club) you can BOOK a bluegreen unit at any Bluegreen property and then either use that unit or deposit it to interval if you are an interval member.
    i have no idea about rci (although i am a member as a result of being a buegreen platinum owner/member), so i will not give advice on rci.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    How does this work - La Cabana/Bluegreen specific if possible.

If I own set week timeshare can I trade via Bluegreen to any other Bluegreen property anywhere? Or would I need to have some type of membership with Bluegreen? or with RCI or Interval?

Just got off the phone with Interval International. If you own set weeks at an affiliate resort and are an Interval member you can trade and/or deposit weeks with them.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Yes, you can trade through II. Remember, if you own a one bedroom you can only trade for a one bedroom, UNLESS you check inventory and a two bedroom happens to be available. Some places will be more difficult to trade into in high season. We have always been successful trading into places that we wanted to go using our one bedroom Cape Cod resort, which is not a "gold" resort. Then again, we haven't tried Hawaii in high season, etc.