Aruba Beach

Thread: Any owners at the Oceania?

Any owners at the Oceania?

I am considering purchasing a unit at the Oceania. Any opinions? Good? Bad? dumb? smart? I am a US citizen and will likely turn it into a weekly rental when I am not there.... I will not stay longer than a month and my long term plans in 20 years it to possibly retire there.

thanks!

Aruba since 1979
    it is difficult to be an absentee landlord.
    you will need a property manager that is trustworthy and communicative.
    does oceania have a management office that can handle your rentals and day to day issues that may/will arise?
    there are significant taxes too that are levied on rental property owners.

i hope that some villa/condo/home owners will chime in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelinman View Post
    I am considering purchasing a unit at the Oceania. Any opinions? Good? Bad? dumb? smart? I am a US citizen and will likely turn it into a weekly rental when I am not there.... I will not stay longer than a month and my long term plans in 20 years it to possibly retire there.

thanks!

I have heard some terrible stories about Aruba and squatter's rights type litigation. I think there is a thread buried in this forum somewhere from a poor soul that has spent years getting the run around trying to move back in to their "home".

Have you stayed/rented there in the past or recently? I would always want to stay there first a few times before buying anything.

I have a good friend who WAS an owner at Oceania. He bought pre-construction and everything was fine for a few years. He rented his unit out to family/friends part of the time when he wasn't using it. He sold his unit last year and was very happy to have sold it since the other owners/renters were not quite what he had anticipated. You can PM me for more details.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018