Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Blue Residences

Thanks for all of the info, much appreciated. I will definitely post some information here as well as trip advisor when I return.

Our wedding last weekend was amazing and we leave for our honeymoon and first trip to Aruba on Sunday morning. We are very excited!! Although there is not a lot of information yet, the latest reviews I've read on Blue Residences have been very positive so I couldn't be happier. We've decided not to rent a car and hopefully we can walk most places, but we will likely rent a jeep or go on an excursion for one day and explore the island. Any recommendations as to the best excursion or are we better off renting a vehicle and going on our own?

I will post a review when I return.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I recommend one of ABC Jeep Tours www.abc-aruba.com

Aruba since 1979
    that is terrific.....many good wishes to you both.

i always recommend a guided jeep tour and never venturing alone unguided into the rough terrain area.

kini kini has a great jeep tour. http://www.kinikinitours.com/index.p...d=22&Itemid=18

also too, on this link, scroll down for other terrific jeep or atv tours http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/la...-tours?tid=271
    also too , Blue residences is on the bus route and you will have easy access to hi rise, lo rise and downtown
    Quote Originally Posted by lpitre View Post
    Our wedding last weekend was amazing and we leave for our honeymoon and first trip to Aruba on Sunday morning. We are very excited!! Although there is not a lot of information yet, the latest reviews I've read on Blue Residences have been very positive so I couldn't be happier. We've decided not to rent a car and hopefully we can walk most places, but we will likely rent a jeep or go on an excursion for one day and explore the island. Any recommendations as to the best excursion or are we better off renting a vehicle and going on our own?

I will post a review when I return.

We returned from our Honeymoon in Aruba a couple of weeks ago. Overall, we had an amazing time and will definitely go back to Aruba in the future. Although very expensive for us Canadians, we found the food to be excellent and there was lots of live entertainment everywhere we went. We were able to walk everywhere which was also great and the beaches in Aruba are second to none!!

As for The Blue Residences, we give it mixed reviews. The location was great! We were about a 10 minute walk from Superfoods, Eagle Beach and Palm Beach. The condo itself was beautiful. It was modern and well equipped with everything you could possibly need. On the downside, there was a strange musty odour in the kitchen which couldn't be identified or corrected although the staff did try. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. The pools and deck are beautiful, but it is so windy that they can't keep the umbrella's from blowing away, so there are only a couple of umbrellas which they had to tie to trees. This forced us to go elsewhere after 3pm as the sun was too hot. The beach is not great there, but if you just want to sit on a chair and enjoy the view or take a quick dip, it is fine. If you want to enjoy the water for extended periods of time, there is only a small area that has a sandy bottom. Some people mentioned the jet skis causing problems there, but we didn't find they were a problem at all.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks to everyone who provided info before we left.

Linda
    Last edited by lpitre; 10-06-2015 at 11:22 AM. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12