Aruba Beach

Thread: cunucu arubiano

cunucu arubiano

Thank you for replies, everyone. Just a note about Cunucu Arubiano. It is an exquisite bed-and-breakfast set against a backdrop of Arikok National Park. The B&B consists of three small but elegant and modern villas distributed on a well-maintained property. We spent a week there with 2 kids and were the only family there most of the time. The kids could run, play and swim in the pool at their leisure. The B&B shares a fence with the Donkey Sanctuary and you can often observe donkeys walking through the maze of tall cacti that hides Cunucu Arubiano from the world. The serenity of the place is rarely disturbed by sound. I can see myself sitting on the porch day after day, writing reviews of Aruban car rental companies while waiting for the owner, Lizzette, to drop by with a mouthwatering Dutch-inspired breakfast. (I want those pancakes, like, now.) You don’t get crowds in that part of Aruba. You don’t even get staff on the premises after lunchtime - they clean up and leave and the whole place at your disposal. What you do get are the sights of Ayo Rock Formation, flowering cacti and unobstructed stars at night. Typically, you drive to a beach or some natural attraction during the daytime and raid a restaurant in town in the afternoon. Then you disappear from the touristy areas via a drive to the middle of the island, get on route 6, and then shove the car down a dark driveway which leads to the place. You park under a starry sky and listen to tradewinds negotiating Arikok hills. That’s how I remember Cunucu Arubiano.
    Last edited by LK11; 05-03-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Thanks for your wonderful description of Cunucu Arubiano, LK11, and the link you provided, Lisa. It looks like a little piece of heaven. And as Lisa said, it's lovely.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    they are beautiful. how far, just for landmark purposes only since i'm new to the island but how far say is it from the high rise area?

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    they are beautiful. how far, just for landmark purposes only since i'm new to the island but how far say is it from the high rise area?
    A GOOD 8 miles...It is pretty much what we in the U.S. would refer to as in the middle of no where. But sometimes that is good The link is a google map showing aerial location as well as proximity to Palm beach.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Santa+Cruz,+Aruba+(Cunuc u+Arubiano)&daddr=12.54331,-69.99018+to:12.54806,-70.00163+to:Palm+Beach,+Aruba&hl=en&geocode=FcAevw Add2_U-yGzlocQD1V7iA%3BFU5lvwAd3AjU-ynDJQF_pTmFjjFkURrP5IF6SA%3BFdx3vwAdItzT-ykNdyi4sjmFjjHwEYJTXm5T-g%3BFcvIvwAduErT-ynXhZUsDjiFjjEkjbHWsVoywQ&mra=dpe&mrsp=2&sz=13&via =1,2&sll=12.54631,-70.00266&sspn=0.083278,0.110378&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=13

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    as always, thank you Lisa, you are amazing with your info....

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    as always, thank you Lisa, you are amazing with your info....
    Out of curiosity, would you consider that in the middle of no where? I know my dh would call it that , I would just call it peaceful.

I would call it the middle of nowhere for aruba. my husband would call it peaceful....