Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Gold Coast Questions

Gold Coast Questions

Hello All, anyone have any experience with staying or owning at Gold Coast. It looks really, really nice. I would love to hear from someone about their experiences staying there, owning would be even better. Thanks.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    We stay there every year. Just booked for nov & December. Love it. We rent 3 bedrooms. Not sure I'd feel the need to own there but renting is great

Thanks Gaby, it looks like a potential spot to spend NYE at some point. I am holding out hope I can get a spot on Palm Beach reasonable to rent Mon-Mon over NYE. I saw a place that recently sold for and it looked amazing! I could not afford to buy a vacation place in Aruba at this point in my life unless I knew it could 100% be rented for close to covering my expenses....and that is not very likely I am thinking. And owning in Aruba from the US would create issues that would be difficult at best I am guessing. I then looked at the rental options and they seemed reasonable for the time of the year but would require me renting a car that I don't like doing at this point...
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 01-17-2016 at 03:02 PM.

We have been traveling to Aruba for the past 15 to 20 years. We have owned timeshare at the Ocean Club and lastly at the Divi Phoenix. We sold the time shares and purchased a town home at Gold Coast 3 years ago now. We still only get down to Aruba one time a year. I am not certain that there is anyone renting there property at Gold Coast 100 percent of the time unless they have a long term rental for the year. We have been very happy with owing at Gold Coast. Long term plan is to spend more time in Aruba as we move towards retirement. There are things about owning in a foreign country that have been difficult, but overall a good experience. We always rent a car when down. It opens things up for more options. We like the fact that we can spend the day by the pool at Gold Coast or go to the beach. We walk Palm Beach everyday while down and then go spend the day lazing on what ever beach we choose for the day. The town house has chairs and towels and all beaches in Aruba are public, so you can sit where ever you want as long as you do not use the palapas at the resort. It is nice to go back to a laid back area away from the action of the beach at the end of the day. We don't eat out all of the time and find that cooking out on the patio and having time to sit out and talk over cocktails just adds to the vacation. That way when we eat out, we can get a little more carried away for the night out. Some folks want to be on the beach. We miss that at times, but overall I think you would be very happy at Gold Coast. Especially over that time frame, having been at Divi during that week before!!

Thanks for responding. I am in the Aruba pits at this moment...My reservations for my trip in 3 weeks were screwed up by the Ritz...they put my family of 3 in a room for 2...I got a follow up confirmation email today (we booked 5 months ago)- to get me in a room for 3 it would cost me several thousand dollars more than the crazy amount I was already willing to pay....I am not a happy man today at all! I now have reservations at the Hilton and the Ritz....I will be canceling one of them, most likely the Ritz if they can't get me into a room for what I paid.....and the chances of that, zero!

Sorry or venting.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    WOW Jay that really stinks. I hope it works out for you.

It does stink. I just opened my original confirmation that was sent to me in August...all looks fine. club level, king bed, req roll away bed....then I notice 2 people....I spent a half hour on the phone booking my trip....they knew I had a 6yr and wife...how they put me in the wrong room is beyond me. That said, finding the error 5 months ago would have been much easier to fix. I now have the a Deluxe Room on the former "plaza club level" at the Hilton...similar benefits to the Ritz but not the ritz, and not the price either. I will be thrilled to go regardless of where we end up... I am already over it and have come to grips with the fact that I will be going back to the Hilton which I have always enjoyed, unless the Ritz manager steps in...time will tell. On the plus side I have almost 200 credit at the Hilton for some free lunches....breakfast is included as are drinks in the evening- I will survive, lol. Life is to short, and I have more important things to worry about unfortunetly than were I spend my trips.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I can't believe a 6 yr old added to a room costs any money.
    Whats up with that?
    The rollaway should cover that, doesn't it?
    Does Ritz charge for kids?

Aruba since 1979
    i am guessing that the room that was reserved was a room for 2?
    by adding a 3rd (even though a child) is the deal breaker.

i am shocked that the ritz, just does not turn their head and call it "no big deal", but it may be agains the occupancy regulations.

years ago before the renaissance marina was "adults only", i booked using priceline ...2 adults, 1 child at the marina tower. upon check in we request a roll away bed for kevin. (he was about 14) we got the rollaway for a $10 fee per night. on the 3rd day we were summoned to the front desk and givne our "walking papers".
    they explained to us that 3 were not allowed in the room.
    we were credited the full refund and taken over to the ocean suites for our 1 remaining night.

it was inconvenient, and kind of embarrassing,
    but we made out in the deal...we got all of our money back and got to spend 24 hours at the suites.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    I can't believe a 6 yr old added to a room costs any money.
    Whats up with that?
    The rollaway should cover that, doesn't it?
    Does Ritz charge for kids?

Cindy- The person I spoke with, and then their manager..said that 3 people can't be in the room I reserved. My question about how it was booked in the 1st place can't be answered because they were not on the phone with me....I sent a personal message to the general manager at the Ritz Carlton in Aruba explaining the situation. I have a call into the Ritz Rewards consumer affairs department but they don't work on Sundays. I am not looking for a different room, I don't want anything for free either...so I have no clue whats going to happen. My best guess is I am spending this trip at the Hilton by the looks of it and I will be okay with that. I won't have to either walk 20 min or take a cab when I play poker at the Hilton each night, 3 weeks from this minute and I will be playing- I am looking on the bright side already...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast