Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Gold Coast Questions

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    A room is a room is a room.... That said, enjoy your son and wife where ever you sleep!
    I know you love the Ritz, but it might be time to say , " See you later" if they can't figure out how to make a return guest happy on their screwup.

Andrea, you are correct about the 3rd person being the deal breaker regardless of his age. The only way this gets thru is with the blessing of the general manager at the Ritz, and despite me being one of their most loyal guests I am not sure they are going to make any exceptions for me. I was looking online and there would be a room I could get into but it would be 2k more than I paid already, just for a "bed" for my son to sleep in, in the same room category. It will certainly cost the Ritz money not to have me over a roll-away bed. Not only don't they get my initial money, they wont get all the meals either...

Penny wise and pound foolish? Only time will tell. Not pleased at first, actually beyond mad to be honest but I am now thinking a bit more clearly and will deal with the final results and won't do much complaining. My only complaint would be not seeing all of the people I have met there...oh well, I am moving on.

Cindy, I have 3 free nights I will be spending at the Ritz in April most likely, then adding day for a quick 4 night trip. My 2 week vow renewal trip is really up in the air for August. My son loves the Hyatt because of the pool slide, I would the love the Hyatt with a full balcony and I control that if I book a suite, which I am prepared to do if the Ritz can't figure it out. That said, its partly my fault as well- I should never trust people to do things right, I typically don't but I never worried about it for a second...

I don't like drama in my travel life, I use travel to get away from the real world, lol. I really almost don't care at this moment, I just want to know so I can get into my travel mode..I can be happy almost anywhere in Aruba and if the Ritz does not figure it out in 48 hours I will cancel with them and enjoy the Hilton, again.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 01-24-2016 at 11:06 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    Aruba4ever....i like your attitude. I wish that i could let things roll off my back as you.

Please keep us posted.

Glad the serious frustration seems to have been let go. Good luck and don't let them ruin an awesome time in Aruba.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Below is the response I received at 7:30 this morning from the general manager.

Good Morning Mr. Dupuis,

I am more than happy to assist you with your reservation. I am so sorry that you have had frustration in booking your room this visit. Allow me to fix to ensure you are in a room that will accommodate 3 people. We are truly looking forward to having you stay with us again and I know your son will enjoy his time with us. I will get follow up with you before the end of the day to let you know that it has all been corrected.

Tiffiany Holmes
    Hotel Manager
    The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba

This is one of the reasons we go to the Ritz...they have the yes I can attitude...I am so thankful that I did not lose my mind and I was somewhat reasonable...lol. It looks like I will be canceling my Hilton reservations and going were I always wanted to be, despite putting on a good face. Wow do I love everyone at the Ritz, and I will be sure to introduce myself to Ms. Holmes when we arrive in 20 days!

Aruba since 1979
    hooray!!

Tiffany has already confirmed my reservation and actually bumped me one category in a room level as well. I am glad I did not bash the Ritz for the mistake...they stepped up big-time to make sure me and my family are happy with prompt service and an excellent ending to a crappy weekend.

Very cool.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast