Aruba Beach
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By act1966

Thread: pet friendly

pet friendly

I'm getting frustrated! We've been to Aruba for the past four years. We've always taken our dogs (two dachshunds) with us. We've stayed in different places but now we want to stay somewhere that has beach access. I know Amsterdam does but their prices are really high!!! We'd like to be directly on the beach. Any help??

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

i know the amsterdam manor does indeed allow dogs.

some of the units at amsterdam manor, the ones out back are like small efficiency apartments and are priced somewhat reasonably. check those out.
    speak too with the reservation manager about the specifics on their dog/pet policy.

i also know that no timeshare or hotel resorts other than amsterdam manor allow dogs/pets.

my suggestion is VRBO and see if you can find a house, apartment, condo or a villa within walking distance to the beach.
    also too you may want to look up realtors to see if there are any short term rentals that they know of.

you may also want to check out Surfside Marina apartments. they are near Pinchos @ Surfside Beach

QUOTE=tcarpenter;261744]I'm getting frustrated! We've been to Aruba for the past four years. We've always taken our dogs (two dachshunds) with us. We've stayed in different places but now we want to stay somewhere that has beach access. I know Amsterdam does but their prices are really high!!! We'd like to be directly on the beach. Any help??[/QUOTE]

I think no matter where you stay, if the prices are higher than you are accustomed, the difference is the convenience of being on the beach.

Have you tried contacting a villa rental company? they'll know immediately which owners allow pets (there aren't a lot). We looked at bringing our dog down but opted out. I think you're going to have a challenge with the combination of pet-friendly AND beach access.

I sent an email to the company we rent villas from and they said the owners don't allow pets as quite a few of their clients have allergy issues so they don't want the hassle. I'm not sure you can say that for all villa landlords or rental companies but I suspect it would be a challenge.

I also looked at the Amsterdam Manor rates per night and they're pretty much comparable to what you'd pay-per-night in a rented villa (and still not be on the beach). Sorry!