Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aruba Dreaming

Aruba Dreaming

Hi,
    We are looking at booking the villa Aruba Dreaming in the Malmok area. Has anyone stayed there? Can't seem to find many recent reviews. Also was wondering whether that area was safe.
    Thanks.

I am going to rent there also. What do you think about the contract.

The area is great, i own a condo in that area and love the location. Minutes to everything (beaches and high rises)and yet very laid back and quiet.

That house looks amazing.. maybe a personal chef and Bartender.. yes ... oh la la.. LOL

I know this is an original old post but the house is still available for rent. I rented this for spring break a couple weeks ago, as we love the area for snorkeling and thought it would be great. After more consideration my husband didn't really want to stay there, concerned for safety, as well as missing our usual routines at the Marriott. I then booked a room at the surf and thought we would split our nights and have the best of both. The house is an awesome location, but the interior could really use a makeover. The LR furniture is okay but the kitchen is ancient, the beds look old, sat on it but we never slept there. The place was clean, but didn't really look or smell clean due to being old and somethings stained. Individual AC in some rooms. The outside is nice, but we also had a bad fish odor coming from a wet desert area out back. Unsure what that was. The house could be beautiful and worth the money if it was totally renovated, but I want something nice/safe when I go on vacation, not something I wouldn't want to sleep at. Not sure how often garbage gets picked up but it was there from the previous guest on Saturday until Wednesday sitting out in the driveway. Not appropriate. Just be cautious, I would say stay at a nice hotel or see current photos of a villa. Not worth $6000! We did go park and snorkel a couple times and hung outside, but it was a total waste of money.

Aruba since 1979
    so you rented BOTH for the same timeframe.........the villa and a unit at the surf club?

Quote Originally Posted by wrclinda View Post
    I know this is an original old post but the house is still available for rent. I rented this for spring break a couple weeks ago, as we love the area for snorkeling and thought it would be great. After more consideration my husband didn't really want to stay there, concerned for safety, as well as missing our usual routines at the Marriott. I then booked a room at the surf and thought we would split our nights and have the best of both. The house is an awesome location, but the interior could really use a makeover. The LR furniture is okay but the kitchen is ancient, the beds look old, sat on it but we never slept there. The place was clean, but didn't really look or smell clean due to being old and somethings stained. Individual AC in some rooms. The outside is nice, but we also had a bad fish odor coming from a wet desert area out back. Unsure what that was. The house could be beautiful and worth the money if it was totally renovated, but I want something nice/safe when I go on vacation, not something I wouldn't want to sleep at. Not sure how often garbage gets picked up but it was there from the previous guest on Saturday until Wednesday sitting out in the driveway. Not appropriate. Just be cautious, I would say stay at a nice hotel or see current photos of a villa. Not worth $6000! We did go park and snorkel a couple times and hung outside, but it was a total waste of money.

Yes I did, I couldn't get a refund from the house and got a good deal from an owner at the surf. Expensive mistake, but glad my husband wanted the surf. I wouldn't have wanted to stay there. It did have an alarm system, but not comfy

Do the pictures not reflect the home currently?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

The pictures look better, older pics I'm guessing. The furniture is the same, some of the things in the photos are no longer there. The home is worn, could use paint, smells old. Kitchen needs rehab, sink is badly stained, fridge old and not the cleanest with mildew in cracks, furniture has spills and nicked up, but it is a rental. I may be too picky but for $6k per week it should be much nicer and feel clean.The front porch looks the newest and best. Did not spend a night there, only hung out to snorkel. Alway happy at the Marriott so I won't try a rental home again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast