Aruba Beach

Thread: Gold Coast question

Baby beach Garufa's Rage (a girls gotta shop) Renaissance Island

Gold Coast question

I am guessing this is the right place for this question but if not a little redirection would be greatly appreciated.

DH and I are thinking about purchasing a Gold Coast property. I was wondering if anyone had any positives, negatives, or just plain old advice to give...looking for a down the road retirement type thing and GC looked promising. We got all the sales talk and checked out the place, but I was looking for some real life experience if anyone has any. Even from a rental stand point.

Thanks much!!!

We own a townhouse at Gold Coast and love it. We purchased pre-construction in 2006 in the second phase of stage 1 and the whole process through the construction went smoothly for us. The community is beautiful and we have made some wonderful friends there. They are now in the process of constructing the clubhouse and stage 2 homes.

Our intent is to spend winters there when we retire. In the meantime, we enjoy a few trips a year and also let folks we know spend some time there as well.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

I have a townhouse there too. I brought it in 2007 and closed in 2008. I just came back from a short trip to Aruba. I love the place and the community. I was thinking to retire there down the road. However, my plan has changed. I am thinking about selling it. If you are interested, please email me at lyy8@hotmail.com.

Hello,

We closed on our townhouse in Dec of '08.
    Gold Coast is property land and not long term lease land. That makes it appealing to most Americans.
    To date we still have not received our deed from the notary - things are pretty slow in Aruba - but that is part of what makes it great.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like some more information.

Aruba since 1979
    34 months and no deed?
    is their next speed death?

aside from the slowness. are you enjoying life on aruba living at goldcoast?
    Quote Originally Posted by goldcoast View Post
    Hello,

We closed on our townhouse in Dec of '08.
    Gold Coast is property land and not long term lease land. That makes it appealing to most Americans.
    To date we still have not received our deed from the notary - things are pretty slow in Aruba - but that is part of what makes it great.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like some more information.

LOL,

Yes, things are pretty slow - they say they are up to Sept '08 deeds right now - but we don't know if they do a month of deed processing in a week or in a year! I am on island now and enjoying every minute.

Sitting here sipping on a cup of Smit & Dorlas near the back slider doors with the wind blowing through the townhouse like a wind tunnel. Life is good.