Aruba Beach

Thread: Home Insurance

Home Insurance

I am wondering what experiences other owners have had with the local insurance companies/brokers. Our original broker was taken over by a larger firm and since then, the service has been very slow. Anyone have any great recommendations?

John

We use New India, both for our home and motor insurances. So far we have had no problems with them. Previously we were with Nagico, but New India offered us a better price, hence the switch.

Insurance

ITIE

Have you ever had to make a claim?

J

We also use New India. Their rates are very reasonable and the staff are friendly and helpful.

Regards,

The original brokerage we were with became insolvent due to one of the managers embezzling money collected as premiums and therefore they were taken over.. We have a claim in process with the company who took over the business. It is almost impossible to get emails responded to and they made no attempt to obtain the police report in over a month. It took friends on the island to pickup the police report and hand deliver it to the company. They have had it now for weeks and simple emailed inquiries are being ignored. ITIE and David, have you had to place a claim with New India?

John

Hi John, yes we did place a claim with New India, it was a motor insurance claim. It was a straightforward claim as somebody crashed into our car due to not respecting a stop sign. It was processed quite quickly and without problems. Luckily we did not have to make a home claim. As you know, sometimes in Aruba you have to take some initiative and not let things move on their own pace, or it might take a long time to get sorted. Best of luck!

We also had a claim when our home was burglarized several years ago. Our claim was settled within one week. A representative responded to our home the following day after the burglary. They were extremely helpful and made the process very easy.

Well, my policy is up for renewal. So far the theft and claim is now 8 weeks in process. I will check the New India coverage and cost. Do you have name and contact info of a rep?

John

you could PM to me and i will share with you very my contacts in Aruba for all house needs.These people gave us unquestionable better service then any broker/agent we came across in States