Aruba Beach

Thread: Renting a villa

Question Renting a villa

Hello!
    I'm starting to plan my first trip to Aruba

We plan to come the end of April. There will be 6 adults and one baby.
    We are looking into renting a villa. Is this a good idea? I found one place that I really like, seems reasonably priced but they want the money up front. Is that normal?

Please let me know and where the best place to stay is.

Thanks much!

Renting a Villa

Hello!

I'm starting to plan my first trip to Aruba

We plan to come the end of April. There will be 6 adults and 1 baby. We're looking at renting a villa. Is that a good idea? I found one I really liked around Eagle Beach. It seems pretty reasonably priced too, but they want the money up front. Is that normal?

Please let me know and where a good place to stay too.

Thanks much!

Renting a Villa

Hello!
    I'm starting to plan my first trip to Aruba!

We plan to come the end of April. There will be 6 adults and 1 baby. We're looking into renting a villa. We found one by Eagle Beach that seems pretty reasonable but they want the money up front. Is that a good idea? Is it a good idea to rent a villa?

Please let me know
    Thanks much!

Ok sorry for the repeated thread! My computer kept saying "page can not be found"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magmay17 View Post
    Ok sorry for the repeated thread! My computer kept saying "page can not be found"

Thanks
    No problem!

If you are dealing with a reputable agency, I am sure they would explain why. It is probably a deposit to insure your reservation.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,
    >>> "where the best place to stay is"
    ---- Best place would be a 3 bedroom timeshare at Coata Linda.
    Look at www.costalinda-aruba.com
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 01-12-2009 at 11:15 AM.

Check out our home at whyworkaruba.com. 4 bedroom, 3 bathrooms, private pool, close to beach and high rises.

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.

Lightbulb

Whether it is a good idea to rent a villa is very individual.

If you are only there for a short time, I would choose a hotel, for longer than a week I would always choose a villa.

I love to drive to Ling & Sons and buy a bunch of T-Bone Steaks and Lobster tails, and put the BBQ by the pool side and have a dip in the pool and a big home made Pina Colada, while the coal gets ready and then grill the food in full privacy, while the sun sets.

Do that in a hotel .

But you normally don't get the beach at your porch, unless you pay an arm and a leg when renting, but you do that at most hotels.

So it is all a matter of preference.

If you do choose to rent a house, make sure it has a pool. When we are at Aruba and at the house, we are in the pool. For us a house without a pool in Aruba would be very strange.

Also be careful where you rent, depending on how small kids you have (not for security but for dogs and traffic). The areas in Aruba is very very different. If you don't know Aruba, then a good tip is to see at the house for sale websites how much a house is in the areas you are considering, and then rent where the houses are most expensive . That is a good rule of thumb.

Even though there are exceptions another rule of thumb is, the further north the more expensive and often more quieter it is.

To repeat myself and to step a bit of people toes , this is a very hard question to answer as both hotel vs. villa and area choice is very individual.....but this was my 2 ....sorry 8 cents

Carsten

New Home for Rent

Hello Magmay,

If you are still interested, my villa has just been completed this past week and is now available for rental.

It was a busy three weeks for us in Aruba, but we managed to get everything accomplished. Coming from the fast pace of New Jersey, it takes a little to get used to the slow process of building a home, but in the end, we are very pleased with the finished product.

We are especially proud of the wrought iron gates that were designed by us and crafted by a very skilled local iron worker. (Mr. Raz did an excellent job!)

If you want to see photographs, you can click on my website below and follow the link to the photos.

Regards,