Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: To Villa or not to villa

To Villa or not to villa

I have been scouring the websites for possible stays during my trip to Aruba in August -specifically from 8/12-22. I purchased my flights already so all that's left is to book a room somewhere. (I purchased flights due to having a backup reserved at Playa Linda but that is no longer an option)

I can't seem to decide between a studio villa across the street from the beach or an apartment closer inland. I'm about 80% apartment and 20% villa. The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is that I can't seem to trust some of these mapped locations of properties on homeaway.com and other sites. They're all different?! and I'm going solo so I'm looking for safest (I know Aruba is safe) and most close to what it would feel to actually live on the island.

Has anyone heard of Wacamaya Apartments or Wacamaya Village or are they one and the same and should I stay there?

Or has anyone heard of Palma Real (leaning towards this and wacamaya village) and should I stay there instead? OR should I choose the Sunset Beach Studios or Beach Villas?

open to suggestions as well. DECISIONS, decisions...i'm such a Libran.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I stayed at the Wacamaya last year. It is a nice small complex, across from a grocery store that has just about everything except meats, etc. It is a 5 minute drive to Arashi Beach, less than 10 minutes to the high rise area. This year we are staying at the Gold Coast.

Would you be able to send me a google map link of exactly where it is located? I've stayed at the RIU before and would love to be close to the high rise area or Malmok area? Where is the Gold Coast? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I stayed at the Wacamaya last year. It is a nice small complex, across from a grocery store that has just about everything except meats, etc. It is a 5 minute drive to Arashi Beach, less than 10 minutes to the high rise area. This year we are staying at the Gold Coast.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    the gold coast are townhouses directly across the street from the Tierra del Sol. I'm sure you can find that easily. I don't know how to do the google maps. but if you can find the Tierra del Sol, it is a beautiful golf course and villas & townhomes. But there are people on this forum who own in the Gold Coast.

As far as wacamaya, we had directions. if i had to chose between the gold coast & wacamaya, i would definitely pick the gold coast. i've never stayed at the gold coast before but we've passed it every day and nite and it is really nice. it is also gated with security.

I think you would be safe honestly with any of those options. I can verify that both the apartments that say they are on the main road are just that. Walkable easily to the hotels. Palma Real is also a nice secure location. Good grocery store close by. Walkable to the hotels in 10 minutes (guesstimate)

I know friends have stayed at the Beach Villas and the Sunset Beach Studios and they both liked where they were. The beach villas are much closer to the high rise than the studios. You can walk the beach to the high rise, its a little hike but not bad.
    Both are nice.

Everything Gold Coast seems $$$, I'm traveling solo so maybe next time

So now, it's between Palma Real and Wacamaya Village...

Thanks for the input! (besides deciding that I will opt out of the villas for one of the apartment units, I still have to pick between apartments)

well if its wacamaya village and you are dealing with Great Aruba Rentals, which Michael owns, he is wonderful to deal with. He answers all your questions. we rented from him and he has it listed on homeaway. it is rental #179637 on homeaway.com but he also has the website Great Aruba Rentals which i see is what you had listed in your first post. he is great to deal with and you get your deposit back like within a week of your return. we were going to rent from him again this year but got a great deal at gold coast and really liked the place at gold coast. and it ended up costing us the same per week as there. but of course we go in december so its a bit cheaper. if you need any more info about wacamaya, just pm me

Banned
    Palma Real appeals to me the most out of all your choices. It is a nice complex, and close to everything.

Ocean 105 has always intrigued me- It's on the beach in Arashi. www.ocean105.com. There are 4 apartments. This is a very safe area. Maybe check them out as well. Good luck.

i checked out ocean 105, we had passed it many times and when i got home we checked it out. the apt is small and not worth the price. it is right on the water though. but not on a part of the beach you go to, you'd walk to arashi beach, which is like 2 minutes from there. i know nothing about palma real so i can't answer for that place, don't even know where it is. this is only my 2nd time to aruba but we LOVE the malmok area and we LOVE arashi beach.

wacamaya from the outside looks like nothing but the courtyard where all the apartments open up into is really nice. but like i said, we really liked the gold coast and the way it looked and we like the idea of a townhouse and we did that virtual tour so we know what it looks like, lol.....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast