Aruba Beach

Thread: Villa rentals

Villa rentals

Is it normal practice in Aruba to ask for a large deposit for a villa rental?

Your question

How long a stay at the Villa? How much per week is the rental? How much are they asking for the deposit? How many people in your group? Are you paying all the rent up front? Those factors can determine the deposit amount.

As an owner of a Villa that we rent out, we normally take a 400$ damage/security deposit which is 100% refundable if all is OK at checkout. So far never had to keep it.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we rented an apartment one year and a townhouse last year and gave a deposit which was refunded within days of returning. this year, we weren't asked for a deposit for the townhouse. but yes, its normal, at least what i've seen.

the rent is 5,500 for the week they want 1,850.oo up front and the balance 30 days prior to check in. When we get there they wand a 400 for a refundalble deposit.

Deposit

Having worked with several rental companies on the island, that does not seem out of line

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    that sounds normal to me.

No we are not paying a large deposit

We Have booked a villa for the month, up at Ruby, its part of 3 in a row , we did see it last year on our travels around looking for somewhere to purchase our own Home in Aruba , Our Agent took us there as it was an option for rental untill we have our own place ..No hidden extras at all, I know that sometimes there is a water charge as water is expensive in Aruba ( they have one of the best water systems in the world ) so thats why, also perhaps cleaning charges .
    Also I must add as we do know the agent perhaps its possible that he has not charged us a big deposit just in case of breakages .We do have a contract that he email me to sign and email back , so everything is fine.Suggest you look at all the rental companys and read the small print..