Aruba Beach

Thread: Where to stay- Villa or Resort

Where to stay- Villa or Resort

Hi!
    I am a Mom in a group of 3 families that is very keen on traveling to Aruba in the beginning of February. We have been trying to decide between renting a villa with a cook or going to a resort/AI. Everyone seems so knowledgeable on this site, I thought I'd ask people's opinions! Any suggestions or direction would be great. There are 9 in our group with 3 younger teenagers. We would also love to explore the island- love to snorkel, beach walk, golf and eat!
    Thanks.

I am sure where ever you pick will be great. And you will get recommendations for both options. Although many will say that AI is not necessary in Aruba. Only because we own a home on the island I think that villa stays are a great idea. You get more of a "local" feel. Assuming you get a home with a pool it makes it much easier with the kids/teens I think. But then again at a resort they will have others there own age to socialize with and quicker access to many activities.......hmm........don't know if I am helping your decision.

We would much prefer to stay at a villa but, haven't had any luck finding one that worked. Do you have any suggestions or know of anyone who might?

We have never stayed in a villa, but in our many trips to the island, twice we have traveled with extended family, including children and teens ranging in age from 8 - 19 yo.

The kids, and adults loved staying at the Tamarijn All Inclusive. Might be something to check out.

Rent a big house. Enjoy Aruba!!!!!!!!!