Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4th of July plans...any good ones out there?

Started the weekend out with some a nice local flight. Weather was perfect at dawn and until I just got back. Surprised not to see more planes in the air. Tomorrow, attending a reading of the Declaration, then afternoon with friends, guns blazing, and if we survive, booze.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

hey san nic---have you ever flown into the blairstown nj airport? i was just sitting at sons baseball game thinking of you, watching all the planes flying through right field!

we usually start our day at the beach, since we live so close, then we will do a beach fire and fire works, then we do the same for the day after and the day after. Howevber tonight, i am going to a country club where they will have several bands playing music, food, drinks and fireworks... tomorrowm beach bound and then fire on beach and fireworks, my favorite time of year especially when we are 5 mintes away from the beach
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Nikko,

I have not flown into Blairstown. However, I have been to Monmouth Exec, Cape May, Trenton, and Princeton. I'll peg it on the chart for a visit in the fall.

here are some photos from those flights:

http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2010/0...oastal-flying/

http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2010/0...ore-the-storm/

Saludos,

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

I was watching my son's soccer game in Blairstown one Sunday and lots of glider planes landing right next to the soccer field. It looks like a lot of fun but I don't know if I have the nerve to try it.

Aruba since 1979
    BBQ rained out in the SUNSHINE STATE ;-)

san nic....fall is a wonderful time to visit this area...it is gorgous out here that time of year. if your flying in....give me a shout out.

jeffnev....a funny story.....the field you were on is called sycamore park. there are two baseball fields there also. right field on one of those fields is right under the landing path of the planes....my son a few years ago, not only homered in the game....he hit a plane comming in! lol i felt so bad for the poor pilot who walked down to the field....he shook my sons hand and told him that must have been one heck of a shot! i am just glad he didn't crash!

the fourth is spent here keeping all the animals safe from the knuckleheads with fireworks. we make a fire and cook out....quiet simple day.

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    spent the 3rd and the 4th driving 1000 + miles back from our vacation in Fla! ho hum......
    the 5th spend at the grocery store, and unpacking and wash,!

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    but the good part now is I can start planning for aruba jan/feb/march of 2011!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12