• 2 Post By WaltVB
  • 1 Post By Aruba4ever
  • 2 Post By AUA1989
  • 1 Post By Traceyd14
  • 2 Post By danadog56
  • 1 Post By AUA1989

Thread: All I can keep saying is WOW, Cavs

All I can keep saying is WOW, Cavs

It's going to be 90 degrees today but I wore my CAVS sweatshirt to work (the t-shirts are dirty).

Being 51 and 52 years old and from northeast Ohio, hubby and I have not been part of a sports championship in Cleveland. We had season tickets to the Cavs and Indians in years that were losing seasons. We have been the butt of jokes and suffered through the "almosts" and "maybe next year" for a long time. It became common-place to lose, which made it easy being a Cleveland sports fan; we expected nothing because we didn't want to be disappointed again. All of that makes us appreciate this CAVS championship that much more. Congrats to the team and organization. We've shied away a bit from basketball in the last few years because the game just isn't the same as it was in the past, but we went along for this ride accepting how the game is played now. We're happy for northeast Ohio.

Many of my friends' posts on FB are a simple WOW, or in the case of my BIL, it's 52 wows. We simply have no words to express our feelings.

AND lastly, my son woke me in the middle of the night to tell me the Ohio State marching band has been invited to march in the parade with the CAVS!! How cool for them!!!!!

WOW

Congrats!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

WOW will be fine. This was fantastic . My hubby and I are from the far NE corner of Ohio. What a game. We now live in Columbus so the news of the OSU marching band participating in the parade was grand as well. Enjoy your day.

As a DC sports fan, I hope we're next
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Congrats on the come from behind win in the series, down 3-1 must have seemed impossible. Last night's final minute was as good as it gets! Again, congratulations!

It was a very exciting game and nice to see the Cavs win. I hope Steph Curry misses every shot from now to eternity for having such a "nice" wife, lol. If you don't know why I reference his wife its because she freaked out earlier in the series and said the games were fixed....

Another Wow! If you want to see something crazy, stream any of the Cleveland TV stations (right now I have Fox8). We have heard all kinds of different numbers on how many people are expected to be at the Cavs parade in Cleveland. Last estimate was 800,000. The TV stations have showed the crowds that have already gathered and some streets and highways are closed.

I'm at work and really sad I can't be there. My son said the buses left Columbus at 6am and they are stuck in traffic. I hope they get there!!!!

Stacy, I love your signature line. I feel the same way about wanting a countdown,
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Congrats on the Cavs win..live across the border in PA (literally right across from Youngstown) and am really happy one of your teams has brought a trophy home !!!!
    Was in Columbus the past 2 days for work and boy am I glad I didn't have to be in Cleveland...they say the total was like a million people in the streets....YIKES !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

1.3 million people is the last estimate I heard. This about sums it up; My son said there were people EVERYWHERE. There was no more room horizontally so they went vertical. He said people scaled the outside of one of the parking decks like spiderman and wedged themselves on the structure to watch the parade, evidenced by one of the pics on this image I copied from FB. Someone said to me that it was photoshopped. My son verified it was not.

All I can keep saying is WOW, Cavs-cavs-parade.jpgIf you can enlarge the pic, the top right image shows the people who scaled the outside of one of the parking decks.